ernie ball power slinkeys for all
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
^Again, whatever feels best to you. String choice is totally personal. Asking what kind of strings you should use is like asking what size shoe do I need.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I'm asking for help on what strings to get for an ibanez guitar for preferably metal and such. Not for a brand new pair of nike's.
Strings are strings man, what works for me might not work for you. What's wrong with the strings you were using before? What do you tune to?

If the strings you had before were too loose then get a heavier gauge, if they were too tight get a lighter gauge.

The best suggestion is to get buy a bunch of different brands and gauges and see what works for you. There isn't one string gauge for metal for that guitar that will work better than any other string gauge.
I've been using Ernie Ball Super Slinkies for years, and they're my favorites.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
I use dadarrio xls because I tried them and they sounded good to me and they seem to last a while. I use .011s because I like the resistance I get to pick attack, but I can still bend them.

I could help you a lot more if you told me what gauge and brand strings you had before, what you didn't like about them, and what you tune your guitar to.
I wouldn't look at anything lighter than 10s then. Buy a set of 10s and 11s and see what you like. Then you can figure out which brand you like buy buying a few sets in the gauge you chose from a few different brands.
Quote by marcopolo028
drop c is my favorite tuning

You'll probably want a thicker-gauge set for dropped tunings, especially C. I rarely tune my guitar to anything but standard; SOMETIMES I'll play in drop D. Dropped tunings on thin strings doesn't sound very good, IMO.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351