Well, I decided to turn today into a bit of a UG project day. I did two things today. First off, I recorded new clips of my Classic 30. I went over the settings I use for cleans, rhythms and leads. Then I did some stuff with my Pro Junior. All very nice. I tried to make the quality of the clips as good as possible, considering my crappy microphone. But I think they came out ok. They obviously sound much better in person but there’s not a whole lot I can do about that.

So, settings for the people who care:
Using a Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ stock pickups
Clean (Done with the neck pickup)
Treble: 8 (Out of 12)
Mids: 6
Bass: 5
Reverb: 3

I actually am really fond of this clean tone, though I like my Pro Junior’s much better. I really need an A/B box

Rhythm (Bridge Pickup)
Part 1:
Treble: 5
Mids: 10
Bass: 8.5
Gain: 7
Reverb: 6

This is what I mostly use for my rhythm sounds. I think this actually sounds the worst out of all my clips but it does sound pretty nice in my house. It’s my attempt at a “brown sound” sort of thing.

Starting with my butchered Pride and Joy:
Treble: 4
Mids: 8
Bass: 10
Gain: 6
Reverb: 7

This is what I use for my “dirtier” blues sort of tone. There was a little too much gain in this, because I normally use the neck pickup, but the bridge pup was used for this recording. Also, you can hear my guitar is out of tune on one string. I tuned it just before doing P&J, so it is just testament to the fact that I need new tuners.

And finally
Treble: 10
Mids: 10
Gain: 5.5
Reverb: 7

This is just a brighter tone I sometimes use. Sounds pretty good imo.

Lead (Back to the neck pup)
Treble: 10
Mids: 8
Gain: 10.5
Reverb: 8

I like a very clear lead tone and this does it. It has less gain then you would think for it being on almost 11 and I tried to model it after David Gilmour’s tone on Comfortably Numb. Not sure how close it actually comes but I like it. I like a lot of ‘verb on my leads.

Then
Treble: 4
Mids: 6
Bass: 5
Gain: 9
Reverb: 8

This is just another I stumbled across. I like it a lot but I use the first one more.

On to the Pro Junior:

Volume: 3
Tone: 2

Neck pup

A nice, bassy clean sound. This amp just has great cleans imo.

Then I cranked it up. All the way up to 12
The tone still on 2.

I don’t really like the breakup but I’m using the stock tubes and speaker and I suspect that has a lot to do with it.
It’s really loud but not actually unbearable.
I then roll off the volume knob on my guitar slightly and turn it down to about 10-11. This amp cleans up really well so that’s great for gigs.
So this thread has a second part to it. The NGD part. So earlier this week I was cleaning out a closet in my room. And gasp! What did I see? A black case!

I opened it and I found this.

WTF?
Well, ladies and gents, what you see is a lap steel guitar. Made for slide playing. It was my Dad’s and it is a hell of a lot of fun to play. Pretty difficult though.

Some pics:

I have it tuned to open D and showed off some of my hack skills as a slide player. Played through my Pro Junior.

There is no label or anything on it. I have no idea who made it. So any info you guys have would be great. Cheers!
wow that's cool
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
So...

When you gonna send me the lap steel?
hey congrats! nice toes!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

oh, and um....that table and chair combo is pretty uh........interesting.

Are you a "little" person? I mean do you play it standing up even tho it's a lap guitar?

JK Felix, that things cool as hell.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I actually recorded sitting down on that chair. A little uncomfortable since I'm almost 6 feet but it gets the job done. It's mostly used by my 6 year old sister.
excellent!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?