It looks cool always having your guitar slung around your back
35 15%
It looks stupid and retarded
69 30%
Don't really care
129 55%
Voters: 233.
Page 1 of 2
Have any of you ever seen a guy walking down the street, a guitar slung over his back, acting all cool? What do you think of this?
I saw a guy walking out of my school (who looked pretty nerdy at first glance) with his acoustic slung around himself. He then proceeded to throw it in the back of his truck and drive away.

Personally, I think this is just stupid. Usually it is an acoustic, but either way, it basically says this: "LOOK AT MAI I PLAI TEH GUITARZZZ"
A) That is pretty much the most obnoxiously egotistical thing to do as a guitarist
B) Carrying your guitar around your back like that could potentially damage the thing. Why do it if you love your axe?
C) If you need to carry it and can't afford a case... that must suck for you, go steal a case or something
D) Wouldn't it be quite uncomfortable with a thing hanging around your back?

It just annoys me to say the least.
Maybe he was off practicing between classes and he has to lug the thing around while getting weird looks from jerkoffs who think he's trying to look cool.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Looked awesome on Tenacious D with the guitars. Depends on the attitude of the person, tho.
Quote by simon_003
Looked awesome on Tenacious D with the guitars. Depends on the attitude of the person, tho.

besides Tenacious D, it looks kinda douchey. <-- is that a word?

like, look at me, i play the guitar, just like TS said
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
\_/

^
thats my care cup

its empty

*jumps on bandwagon*
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
I had to take my guitar on the train the other day without a case, so had it slung across my back.

Therefore I think it's ok.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
meh. dont care that much. If he had any respect for it though, he would be carrying it carefully, or it would be in it's case.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
I don't think it matters all that much, though I personally don't like it

and isn't stupid and retarded a bit redundant?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
If they aren't trying to impress people, and they are just carrying it around because they have no choice or whatever, I could care less. But when I see kids bringing a guitar to school and just playing it to impress people it kind of pisses me off. But, if that person is sharing with everybody and they're all jamming and having a good time, I could care less.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
yeah I hate that.. and when you go into a guitar shop.. and theres all the shitty guitarist "mom look i can play smoke on the water".. and just walk out in frustration to refrain from beating the shit out of each and every twat in there.. seriously listen to yourself before u assume ure awesome.

on topic: throwing a guitar into the back of a truck sounds pretty cool
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I do it all the time, but hey, i play my guitar most of the time so it's pretty convenient.
I gotta say i think it looks pretty sexy though.
In summer i always go out to meet my mates in the park with my acoustic slung over my back. I just do it because I like playing outdoors and dragging a case around and packing it all up and unpacking every time we move somewhere is awkward
ohai little sig.
i personally get annoyed when people are douche-y because they have their guitar with them, because they think they're badass. it seems everyone and their grandmother has a guitar, but how many actually play? my senior year of high school i saw this one sophomore with his guitar everyday. never saw it out, but he always had it in his gig bag and carried it as if it were his backpack. one day he was sitting in the hall before class and i asked him if i could see it, he said no because he was playing. all he knew was how to do a power chord, but he didn't seem to know which ones sounded good together, he just kept sliding to a new position every few downstrokes. i asked him if he knew any chords, he didn't. i asked him to play the G scale (everyone should know that, right? that's the first thing i learned, i didn't play chords til i could do the G scale) but he didn't know what the hell i was talking about.

i hate when people say someone is a pozur, but this kid was one.
Elvis
/thread
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
i carry my acoustic around town often...without a case.

i sort of just migrate and play on benches, while walking, etc.

a case would just get in the way..i like that i can just flip it around and play. and thats not douche-esque at all.

i used to do that at school for awhile too. its a cheap acoustic, (albeit a good one, shockingly) and the worst thats ever happened is that it got a couple scratches on the back from leaning it up on things.

why is it egotisitical to flaunt a guitar? i mean hell...if youve got a nice guitar, its fine to show it off...it isnt a fashion statement unless you cant play the thing. i say the man is justified as long as he didnt just borrow it from a sibling or something.
There are two guys at my school who always hang around outside my guitar class (last period), and one brings his guitar, the other his bass. They don't play the things, they just walk around carrying them, looking in the door of the classroom every once and a while.

I really want to challenge them to a rock-off, but then I remember how lame that would be.

Let the douches be douches, and take solice in the fact that you'll be more successful than they'll be (hopefully.)
If someone wants to look dickhole let 'em
I really don't care
You are now blinking manually
Quote by dudius
i personally get annoyed when people are douche-y because they have their guitar with them, because they think they're badass. it seems everyone and their grandmother has a guitar, but how many actually play? my senior year of high school i saw this one sophomore with his guitar everyday. never saw it out, but he always had it in his gig bag and carried it as if it were his backpack. one day he was sitting in the hall before class and i asked him if i could see it, he said no because he was playing. all he knew was how to do a power chord, but he didn't seem to know which ones sounded good together, he just kept sliding to a new position every few downstrokes. i asked him if he knew any chords, he didn't. i asked him to play the G scale (everyone should know that, right? that's the first thing i learned, i didn't play chords til i could do the G scale) but he didn't know what the hell i was talking about.

What g scale? G aeolean,dorian,phrygian,mixolydian,prometheus? There a million scales in G.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Where is the "trains are cool, amiright?" option in the poll? It seems to the only option I'd care about to vote for.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
yeha kids at my school are always carrying around guitars but cant play crap on them

one kid has been carrying around a epiphone les paul for about a year now and he dosent know what a Am penatonic scale is (we asked him)

I mean i dont care if you bring your guitar to school but at least know how to play something
Quote by dudius

which G scale?!

if you asked me to play the definitive G scale, i would have no idea what you were smoking!!

EDIT:

Quote by Gord@k
What g scale? G aeolean,dorian,phrygian,mixolydian,prometheus? There a million scales in G.

yeah, what you said
Quote by darthteet
Where is the "trains are cool, amiright?" option in the poll? It seems to the only option I'd care about to vote for.

Hmm, apparently you've cared enough to post in this thread.

Yes, guitars are becoming the epitome of cool now, and of course posers are always going to exist, trying to get chicks by carrying around a guitar. I think it's just best to ignore them, and know that at least you're patient enough to learn how to play the thing.
It annoys me when kids take their guitars to school only to show off.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Maybe the guy has to go to some place with his guitar, and finds carrying his guitar on his back comfortable?
Maybe, only maybe, he doesn't have money for a hard case (like me). And maybe, you are a twat trying to get into some people's life and complaining about how the hell they carry their guitar.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

you have to earn the right by being good at guitar first. because if you carry a guitar around someone asks you to play it and you cant, you fail at life.
when i opened this thread i thought itd be about matching guitars with your clothes color scheme or something but i was very disappointed, , when i found out it was about some kid complaining about people carrying an object around with

If we are gonna complain about people carrying around a guitar i might as well go on a rant on how i hate people carrying around books, a certain cell phone or maybe even a damn baby
Don't really mind, people have to take things from one place to another now and then...
Personally, I believe it to be a statement of complete douchebaggery.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
I dont do that I carry around my guitar not in my case cause i can't afford on but I don't have a strap cause I can't afford that ether but I don't look douchey I just get dirty looks from other guitarist with my harmonic minor shreds.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by sargasm
I prefer to wear mine as a hat.

I wear my guitar as underwear. When people see the neck outside my pants they assume I have raging boner. Talk about having wood.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Personally i think there's so much more to guitar and music in general than image. But that's just me
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I wear my guitar as underwear. When people see the neck outside my pants they assume I have raging boner. Talk about having wood

giggle
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by dudius

There are like 10 kids in my school who all carry guitars with them, and 2 of them can actually play decently.

All the good guitarists I know in my school dont really tell anyone they play unless they ask
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
If your playing and need to carry it, it looks ****ing sweet slung around your back like that.

But if not, yes its sorta...
Quote by RPGoof
LOOK AT MAI I PLAI TEH GUITARZZZ
Page 1 of 2