I recorded a simple guitar and bass riff just so I could mess around in reaper and learn how to mix stuff better. I used EZdrummer for the drums. My drums sound to clean in comparison to my guitar and bass. Making better quality recordings is not an option. I just have my multi effects pedal plugged into my soundcard.

I want the drums to sound something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHC9w7pCIMQ. How can I do this?
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Nov 2, 2008,
you could add a little overdrive or distortion to the drums after you mix them down. A little reverb should add something more as well.

I you have room mics in your drum program put them in place of any reverb. Compression and EQ a little and you should be able to get something better out of the drums in terms of making them a little "dirtier".
What frequencies should I boost/cut on each drum? How do I use the compressor? I am a noob at this.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Nov 2, 2008,
you could try feeding ur line out straight back into your line in/mic/whichever port ur using for recording. ive never tried this but i dont see why it wouldnt make ur drums sound as "dirty" as the rest of what ur recording.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.