Yay or nay?
My aunt's selling me an Ampeg for 200 bucks, but I want to see if it's worth it before I get the amp unlike I did with the Behringer I bought ( )
I played my first ampeg the other day at guitar center and it sounded amazing. But that might have been the HH Musicman that I played.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
You really, really, really, REALLY need to give us more information than an "Ampeg."
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
You really, really, really, REALLY need to give us more information than an "Ampeg."

Exactly, the lower end models, IE: anything under $1000, really isn't anything special. Personally, Im not a fan of ampeg tone.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
well if you're still using that behringer I'd take the ampeg anyday.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
any Ampeg that is in good working condition is worth $200, so yes!

Don't they have any beginner models worth about that new though?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Don't they have any beginner models worth about that new though?

$200 50 watt AB50> $350 BA 50 watter
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i would choose the Ampeg, thank you.

really?

an underpowered mud machine vs a clear sounding amp?

have you played that Ampeg?

EDIT: I still love you though!!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

My Ampeg combo with the Tube pre-amp is anything but muddy it sounds incredible with my Bongo. To the thread starter if its an good ampeg in good condition then go for it but I highly reccomend playing the thing first.
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by RIC4003
My Ampeg combo with the Tube pre-amp is anything but muddy it sounds incredible with my Bongo. To the thread starter if its an good ampeg in good condition then go for it but I highly reccomend playing the thing first.

it is not an Solid state Ampeg BS combo.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Pardon? ^
PM me or timmEH to join

PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Ric is yours one of those blue coloured ones that the eq flips out.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by RIC4003
Pardon? ^

I think he was trying to point out that don't have a "bull**** solid state Ampeg combo". Yours is probably a lot better than their bottom of the range stuff.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
And I ask again....what Ampeg?

Rick (83lps that is), I love you dearly but the newer BA series combos are a bit underpowered and really only marginally capture the lovely Ampeg classic sound.

I love my BA3158--its a monster combo, but I have been severely disappointed in the entry level stuff Ampeg has turned out as of late. I am a fangirl but one who expects a bit more out of her sonic heroes.
'Preciate anarkee but it was all I could afford.
PM me or timmEH to join

PM Dinky to join

PM me to join
^Actually I was commenting on 83lespaulstudio's comment. Frankly, I think your combo is probably the best of the bunch.
Quote by anarkee

Rick (83lps that is), I love you dearly but the newer BA series combos are a bit underpowered and really only marginally capture the lovely Ampeg classic sound.

to be honest, i have not tried the new entry level Ampeg amps but, i do respect
and trust Anarkee's opinions. so please excuse my fanboy comments. in the words of the great jazz_rock_feel, my opinions are biased, and only marginally based on facts.
that was not a quote, just an interpretation.
May I point out that the threadstarter has yet to respond - and my cynicism is leading me to believe this was a make believe thread to instull the response "OMG YER GETTUNG AN AMPEG FER THAT PRYCE!?"
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^ Like that
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Very true... seems to me that he is not getting an ampeg for $200. I believe he isn't getting an Ampeg at all. Not to say that's a bad thing. There are better combo's in that price range, and carry a tone more defined, not simulated.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5