First song I've ever written so don't be to hard on me if it sucks it has a lot of changes and I tried to make the bass interesting. it's not finished yet its only about a minute long
Attachments:
song.zip
Last edited by Ch@0s at Nov 2, 2008,
Holy crapz dude y'all, neva rite anotter song agein! That was horiibal!

Honesty, that was creepy shit. That was just a little midi sequence too. I though my Creepypasta song was horrifying, but this takes the cake. Wow.
This is true blackened doom if I've ever heard. If you tightened up the drumming, added some strings (maybe a viola), a piano, and either a basson or an oboe (or both!), this would be an excellent avant-garde piece.

It seems like you randomly threw crap together, but it works. And aleatoric (chance) music is actually an interesting way of composing too.
Work on the drum, twist those other [suggested] instruments into the dementia that you've created here, and speed things up a bit (mainly with the drums, but also some quick guitar licks here and there wouldn't hurt).

Of course, this all comes at a price.
That is a crit for one of my songs. Pick any song. Try out Creepypasta if you want some droning evil.
Malkeet for some "anti"-blues indie rock.
Metalpasta if you wanna vomit.
I could see this being interesting, but you seriously need to tune the bass down an octave. For future reference make the bass 4 stringed, not 6 stringed (too late to change since GP cuts off the bottom strings when you switch), that way you won't have to worry about it.
Actium
Prog-metal/post-rock straight from the mountains of Colorado.
FFO: Intronaut, The Contortionist, Explosions in the Sky

Our first EP benefitting wildfire relief in Colorado is now free on Bandcamp! Dig it.
Quote by huevos
Holy crapz dude y'all, neva rite anotter song agein! That was horiibal!

Honesty, that was creepy shit. That was just a little midi sequence too. I though my Creepypasta song was horrifying, but this takes the cake. Wow.
This is true blackened doom if I've ever heard. If you tightened up the drumming, added some strings (maybe a viola), a piano, and either a basson or an oboe (or both!), this would be an excellent avant-garde piece.

It seems like you randomly threw crap together, but it works. And aleatoric (chance) music is actually an interesting way of composing too.
Work on the drum, twist those other [suggested] instruments into the dementia that you've created here, and speed things up a bit (mainly with the drums, but also some quick guitar licks here and there wouldn't hurt).

Of course, this all comes at a price.
That is a crit for one of my songs. Pick any song. Try out Creepypasta if you want some droning evil.
Malkeet for some "anti"-blues indie rock.
Metalpasta if you wanna vomit.

really dude? thanks! its not finished yet and yea I wanna to add some faster riffs to it but can't really build up to them anyways thanks for your opinion I'll check some of your stuff out
Quote by TheJManSays
I could see this being interesting, but you seriously need to tune the bass down an octave. For future reference make the bass 4 stringed, not 6 stringed (too late to change since GP cuts off the bottom strings when you switch), that way you won't have to worry about it.

I forgot to mention that you should drop the bass an octave as well.
Or change the bass to a regular guitar and then add a bass track.

For my suggestions, I was thinking that you should check out some Lux Occulta (for reference and inspiration) and keep it surreal and interesting, as well as creepy.
http://www.myspace.com/luxocculta
Quote by huevos
I forgot to mention that you should drop the bass an octave as well.
Or change the bass to a regular guitar and then add a bass track.

For my suggestions, I was thinking that you should check out some Lux Occulta (for reference and inspiration) and keep it surreal and interesting, as well as creepy.
http://www.myspace.com/luxocculta

I did the bass was on standard guitar tuning before and now i put it on bass tuning so its lower and I don't like the band that you posted but then again I'm on an old school DM binge right so I'll chech it when i'm feeling more like some creepy BM
Quote by Ch@0s
I did the bass was on standard guitar tuning before and now i put it on bass tuning so its lower and I don't like the band that you posted but then again I'm on an old school DM binge right so I'll chech it when i'm feeling more like some creepy BM

Yeah. They aren't really easy to get into.
I hated them the first time I listened to them, and it took me a year before really liking them.

Did you post the new version of the song?
It was alright. I thought that it was a creepy, mellow sound. I would say more of a Dark Doom Metal piece