If I put my channel volume on 6 and my master volume at 8 and play for about 10secs. the amp stops and no sound comes out from it until I stop playing, the lights are still on and everything but I can't hear anything.

Is this normal? What should I do?

(and I didn't know what to search in the search bar)
Quote by !!ANGUS!!
If I put my channel volume on 6 and my master volume at 8 and play for about 10secs. the amp stops and no sound comes out from it until I stop playing, the lights are still on and everything but I can't hear anything.

Is this normal? What should I do?

(and I didn't know what to search in the search bar)

happens all the time *Sarcasm*
but wht kind of amp is it??
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Quote by dreams broken
happens all the time *Sarcasm*
but wht kind of amp is it??

Randall RG75
I dont really know all that much about hybrid amps but here are a couple guesses anyway.

If there is not enough filtering on the power filter (common in valve amps but not in SS, I don't know if it's a common problem in hybrid amps or not) then the amp can be drawing more current than what is stored in the capacitors. This mean you play a few notes realy
loud and then the volume fades untill you stop playing for a few seconds and then it comes back once the capacitor charges but as soon as you start playing it drains the power and you once again loose volume.

It could be a bad pot

It could also be that the valve in your amp is warn out and when it's pushed it just cuts out.

I'd start by replacing the tube and getting some contact cleaner for the pots. Anything beyond that will need a tech to sort it out.
Not taking any online orders.