Hey. I wanted to ask UG; I still have all my strings, and they aren't broken, and they still have good sound, but I wanted to get back-ups. I'm most likely going to be doing punk or metal, so I'm guessing I wouldn't want a mellow sound; what I'm looking at is these. Anyone see any problems with this? Also, do you think I could just find these at a store, or would I have to order them?
I haven't used those strings, but as far as finding them in stores goes, i've never seen 2-packs at stores near me, only single packs, but you might find some
Quote by dtank
cant go wrong with d'addarios

Okay, cool. What gauge would I need for a metal sound? I understand that "a metal sound" is way too general, I just need to know what gauges would be a horrible idea.
+1 for the XL's. Great tone. Also try DR LoRiders is you have some extra scratch to blow on new string. They last a long time and sound killer.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Quote by Matt in Jerzey
+1 for the XL's. Great tone. Also try DR LoRiders is you have some extra scratch to blow on new string. They last a long time and sound killer.

I'm broke though. I'm really just looking for something that will last, and the twin pack because it is a better value, which I really think reflects how broke I am...
It sucks that bass strings are 5 times more expensive than guitar strings.
Line 6 M13
Okay, cool. Anyone recommend a gauge for punk/metal? Or at least one I shouldn't get?
For metal most guys want a thicker gauge string for more bass fundamental. I always play a medium gauge string so i don't have to fuss too much with the setup of my bass. Also, I like to bend a lot which is easier on lighter gauge strings.
Line 6 M13