Well this worked for me. Any of you guys remember the thread I posted telling about how water leaked into my MXR 10-band EQ? I had that really bad crackling sound. Well I got a can of WD-40, sprayed it on the circuit board and it seems to be about 95% back to normal. I don't know if this is a normal way of fixing pedals or if you guys know how to do it but I just decided I would post it because it might be a way to fix all water damaged pedals If they have the same problem.
Well, WD-40 is supposed to protect from water as far as Iknow so, that's really good idea. Not sure if that'll affect the circuts though
Honey I need some WD40.
The bathroom stuff is in my suitcase.

Cookie to the first to know what thats from.

Anyway, if i ever have that happen to my pedals ill WD40 them and tell you what happens.
a lot of techs frown on wd-40 because it it can attract more dirt.

but usually as a last resort, nothing to lose, might as well try it, imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have a feeling it had more to do with the pedal being totally dry than the wd40.

I'd try to wipe as much of it off as possible, because like jenny said wd40 can attract dirt.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
man what cant WD-40 do lol

Duct tape and WD-40 is all u need in a tool box the way i see it
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS