Ok, I listen to all kinds of artist and lately i have been looking at the stuff they have been doin and like what they have been doin. Anyways, I go to you tube and the artist starts talking about scales and sweeping. I say well sounds interesting and i go here and look at lessons to learn them and i just get lost. Like in sweeping i dont know how you can move the sweeps and find the roots. I also dont know how you can find out the scales on guitars like g major, a minor and etc. I know penatonic but i want to learn these scales and sweeps so i can go to more stuff like harmonies and make fast runs.
Quote by guitarLover79
Ok, I listen to all kinds of artist and lately i have been looking at the stuff they have been doin and like what they have been doin. Anyways, I go to you tube and the artist starts talking about scales and sweeping. I say well sounds interesting and i go here and look at lessons to learn them and i just get lost. Like in sweeping i dont know how you can move the sweeps and find the roots. I also dont know how you can find out the scales on guitars like g major, a minor and etc. I know penatonic but i want to learn these scales and sweeps so i can go to more stuff like harmonies and make fast runs.

I like to direct you to the basic theory thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503032
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
It covers most of the basics, but you're not going to be the second Mozart after reading it. Also, check the columns out. The Crusade has some stuff definitely worth reading.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Okay, no offense, but you might want to wait a little while before trying to get sweeps and stuff down, and learn the notes on the guitar first.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Okay, no offense, but you might want to wait a little while before trying to get sweeps and stuff down, and learn the notes on the guitar first.

Actually if he goes threw the stick and relates everything to guitar and uses that to find the notes i think he'll be alright.

I just wouldn't advise sitting and trying to memorize every note on guitar,
because it will eventually come with applied theory.

also i think intervals are more important than learning the specific notes on guitar.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Check out guitarprinciples.com.Get your basics first.Take your time and have FUN.Don't (in my opinion) take on sweep picking ,unless your willing to start slowly and have 8 to 10 hours a day to practice.