So I got a new Fender Standard Strat today, and when I went to change the strings for some Ernie Balls, the bridge was like way off of the body. How the hell do I change strings on this? I have never had a guitar with a tremolo unit before, so is there something special I gotta do?
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
You probably swapped for a higher gauge. Tighten the screws in the trem cavity where the springs are or if it's really bad, add another spring.
Funny how the EXACT same thing happened to me when I got my Standard Strat. You probably put 10's on there, the strats usually come with 9's on them. If you take off the backplate. you'll see two large screws connecting the tremelo sptings to the body, tighten the screws and the bridge will go right back to the way it was.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Quote by FMNStratGuy
Funny how the EXACT same thing happened to me when I got my Standard Strat. You probably put 10's on there, the strats usually come with 9's on them. If you take off the backplate. you'll see two large screws connecting the tremelo sptings to the body, tighten the screws and the bridge will go right back to the way it was.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I switched to 10's so that probably is the problem. Thanks for the help.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Quote by SpockTheRock
Oh gotcha. Yeah I switched to 10's so that probably is the problem. Thanks for the help.

That's pretty much exactly what i said
Yeah, man, you really got shafted there. Let it be known that if this was my thread, I'd be taking Tallyho's advice instead!
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
yeah wow tallyho, i think you should get an award for helping.

i like adding a spring over just tightening the screws. only because it's better not to put too much stress on those screws.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011