ok, so i've been skating for the better part of a month now, really enjoying it. except today i was messing around in my driveway and the front truck snapped off. I'm still a beginner, so what are some cheaper, durable skateboard trucks that are preferably low to the ground and light?
Up the Punx!
if you want light stay away from independants and ventures, they are heavey as shit (even though i personally skate ventures)

i personally recommend royals, ive skated them and they work quite nicely, my board was light as a feather and quite low
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
i prefer Silver. It's the only brand i use.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I always go with Tensor trucks. Freaking unbelievable stuff.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
tensors or thunders
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
alright, thanks for the suggestions, but which are the cheapest here? I'm on kind of a tight budget atm.
Up the Punx!
really it depends on what you like. i have had a pair of adio trucks for 8 years and not once have i had problems with them.venture and independent are really brilliant brands as well.
if your using a light deck use heavey trucks and it stables out the deck during your ollies flip trick ect

as for height each brand has lower and higher modles they just might not look like how u want them to
I like Tensor and Royal. However, while's Royal's turning is buttery smooth, their kingpins are absolute crap. I broke my Royal's kingpin ollieing off a curb, and I'm about 140 lbs. Other guys I skate with also have had trouble with their Royal kingpins. Nice trucks, bad kingpins.

You really can't go wrong with Tensor.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Destructos are cheapest out of all of these and gets the job done.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
you can find destructos pretty cheap and pretty low. i prefer venture mids and risers. deffinately stay away from all the magnesium baseplate crap, may be light but they're super fragile. same thing goes with boards. dont buy into the whole unbreakable board stuff. i broke one of the foundation fiberlam boards in like a month, my boards normally last about 4 months.

this is just a pet peeve of mine, whenever you go to the skateparks or spots or whatever it is you skate, if you see a kid do a kickflip or something dont be all like "0oh r u sponz0red" or something, its just like asking if you can play through the fire and the flames. super lame
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Last edited by gnaraaron at Nov 2, 2008,
Grind Kings are pretty good. If you're a beginner then trucks shouldn't matter to much.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Grind Kings are really good they are extremely light and durable, destructos are pretty good too but heavier