View poll results: Quality or Quantity
Good Quality Riffs at the cost of quantity
11 73%
High Quantity Riffs at the cost of quality
4 27%
Voters: 15.
good riffage or multiple riffage?

the reason i ask is this:
me and the other guitarist in my band write in very converse ways, he can pull riff after riff after riff out of his ass and just put them down into a song, whereas i need to sit down for a while and gradually work out the notes/chords/whatever into what sounds good to me. now 95% of my friends and people who have heard are stuff say that my songs sound a million times better than the other guys, but everytime we try to write shit, he always goes and goofs off, plays a bunch of nonsensical cover songs, and just plain acts like an ass.

so my question is, would you prefer to have someone in your band write 50 songs a day that sounds like absolute shit, or someone who writes 50 songs a year and have them sound like heaven? because i really cant stand his shit anymore, and am contemplating either quitting or just talkin to the other bandmates about kickin his ass out.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
tell him to take it more seriously and if he cant then kick his ass out. you're much more useful as a bandmate.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
well me and the other mates have tried to talk to him about how he acts, but it doesnt get anywhere. we tell him he needs to grow a pair and get his act together, and he just goes "well w/e dude, just stfu" and completely evades the question time and time again. hes a good friend, but a terrible bandmate.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
You could play one awesome riff for a whole song and I'd respect it more than a bunch of riffs maashed together that don't even ease into each other.

I tend to write like your friend a lot of the time
IMO, quality is MUCH more important than the amount of songs you get out.

Song structure is really going downhill these days. You can clearly hear how complex the older songs are compared to music these days...
I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I like your gear man. And I like quality for quantity any day
Music: Alternative/Hard Rock/Guitar Virtuoso
Current Budget: $300
Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking VK 100 Amplifier
Boss/DOD Effects Pedals
The answer is so obvious it doesn't really merit a poll!

Just have a talk with him him first, and if nothing good comes of it, iether get him out or quit yourself.