This might be a stupid question but will lowering your bridge help your hammer-ons, pull-offs, and tapping sound more clear and louder? I have a Dean Vendetta XM with a string-thru.
not if by lowering it, you make it so low that the notes die "fret out".

you have to find a happy middle ground.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What can I do to make my tapping sound louder. I am hitting hard and have a good amount of distortion. Is it because I have stock pickups?
could also be your amp.

but, if your action is High, then yeah it can help. but if it's already pretty good to low action then it'll fret out.

technique and pup / amp help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Tiki Rock
What can I do to make my tapping sound louder. I am hitting hard and have a good amount of distortion. Is it because I have stock pickups?

Often times tapping/hammer-ons/pull-offs and perceived to need force and pressure to get a clear sound. When actually the technique is speed. The faster you're on/off the string the clearer and stronger the sound is... I even find that rather than pulling straight up, but rather off and kinda scraping my finger print against the string gives an even nicer sound..

Speed > pressure/force.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
well no its a mixture of speed and pressure, but mostly its just finesse and the ability to hit the note you want and ONLY that note.
remember when doing hammer-on/pull-offs, to come down on the string hard and when you pull off, make sure you're pulling the string DOWN slightly, instead of just lifting your finger straight off the fretboard. if you lift the finger straight up, it's not going to make much of a sound other than messy buzz. the same goes for tapping, tap down hard, and pull off with correct technique.

i hope that was clear and helps!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out