To miss roughly 1 day a week, sometimes 2, of school? I get caught up and everything, it's just I never sleep or anything on the weekends from hanging out with friends and stuff and the occasional party, so I usually miss Monday's to get a good rest, but is it normal?

My parents (especially my mom) gives me a really hard time about it (how I'm not a normal kid, even though my friends skip every day lmao), is there any arguments I can use against her, or any statistics or anything, my dad doesn't give a shit (mainly because he smokes weed but w/e).

EDIT: I'm in Grade 11 btw.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Grow up and get your ass out of bed?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
No, Not for me at least, I go to every class, then again, I'm in college and there's no time for me to **** around, anyways, I haven't missed a single class yet, and I barley skipped in highschool. So I still say not, it's not normal, get your ass to school boy! Education comes first!
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
We get nine absences a year. Any more is a suspension, and one a week could be an expulsion.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
I go to class everyday and have never skipped. It feels weird to miss school for some reason. Could be my conscience.
Why not go to school? Get more rest on the weekends, go to school monday, have less to get caught up on. It's not like you have to stop hanging out with your friends, just don't go out all night, or if all else fails, just snooze during the day. It seems like that would be less work in my opinion. You'll hate the day when you actually do have stuff to make up.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
yeah dude, its horrible to **** up your education for just a few nights with your friends. Just stay out on friday and saturday and get good sleep on sunday. Not all that hard to do.
No, it's not normal, but if you catch up and everything it doesn't sound like a problem...

Tell your mum that being "not a normal kid" isn't a bad thing unless it's affecting you badly somehow, and she's going to have to come up with something better to give you a hard time about than not being "normal".
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Yeah especially being a junior. I missed 2 days my junior year, both because of a serious fever. Now on my senior year I got the senioritus and have missed about 6-7 days already. Get your act together before your senior bro.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
lol, sadly, i do the same thing.....im in grade 9 though.....ive missed one or two days every week so far this semester....
!GEAR!

Epiphone '07 Faded Cherry G-400
Martin 00CXRAE Grand Concert
Spider III 75 watt
Fender Premium Celluloid Mediums
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
well I used to skip a lot in 9 and 10, but this I decided to care about school and have no cuts... on record
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Well I do get caught up and stuff, I have decentish marks (70s), and it's only really two classes that matter (American History, and Biology), the rest are electives (Computer Tech, and Computer Art) for this semester.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

You're like my friend. He was a junior at the time as well. He started ditching a couple classes every once in a while. And then he started missing first hour all the time. And started making excuses of how it was "physically impossible to get out of bed in time" for him. And then he started missing the majority of his classes except for his last hour. And then eventually he got withdrawn from school.

And now its his senior year, and he miraculously got back into the school. And he's in sophomore, junior, and senior English classes. And along with other junior classes and some that are online. I doubt he's even gonna finish them.

But hey, he hasn't dropped out yet. Which surprises me.

So yeah man, just go to school. It's not worth the extra day of rest in the long run.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
I don't see why you can't get to bed before 10pm on a Sunday night. That gives you at least 8 hours sleep if you wake up at 6am. If that don't cut it for you then try have a nana nap throughout the day.

Yes that isn't normal. It'd be alright for me because in New Zealand we learn jack shit in a days school. But everyone overseas seems to find education a big deal.
Quote by kirkadolph
You're like my friend. He was a junior at the time as well. He started ditching a couple classes every once in a while. And then he started missing first hour all the time. And started making excuses of how it was "physically impossible to get out of bed in time" for him. And then he started missing the majority of his classes except for his last hour. And then eventually he got withdrawn from school.

And now its his senior year, and he miraculously got back into the school. And he's in sophomore, junior, and senior English classes. And along with other junior classes and some that are online. I doubt he's even gonna finish them.

But hey, he hasn't dropped out yet. Which surprises me.

So yeah man, just go to school. It's not worth the extra day of rest in the long run.

Well I've only ever failed one class (Academic Math) in grade 9 and I finished it in summer school, if I started failing classes I would definitely get my act together, but it feels like I'm doing just fine (60s-70s), I'm not planning on going to university anyways.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by Lead guitarist
Yes that isn't normal. It'd be alright for me because in New Zealand we learn jack shit in a days school. But everyone overseas seems to find education a big deal.

not a lot of people around here do, pretty much everything you learn after about grade five is worthless.

to the op, don't worry aboot it. if your passing and you can miss a day of school every week then why does it matter? I missed alot of mondays last year because it was a worthless day. the only class that really counted for anything was math. who cares as long as your passing?
Quote by mr.happyman
not a lot of people around here do, pretty much everything you learn after about grade five is worthless.

This guy has the right mentality. Walk around with the intellect of a 5th grader
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by DSchmitty
To miss roughly 1 day a week, sometimes 2, of school? I get caught up and everything, it's just I never sleep or anything on the weekends from hanging out with friends and stuff and the occasional party, so I usually miss Monday's to get a good rest, but is it normal?

My parents (especially my mom) gives me a really hard time about it (how I'm not a normal kid, even though my friends skip every day lmao), is there any arguments I can use against her, or any statistics or anything, my dad doesn't give a shit (mainly because he smokes weed but w/e).

EDIT: I'm in Grade 11 btw.

you aren't in the norm. where i went to highschool, you would get an instafail because missing so many days means you aren't allowed to take the exams, thus you fail your classes.

i'm miss about one day a week but i'm in college and don't need to be in class anyway. all i have to do is take care of online homework and follow the syllabus for what to read.
it ain normal. bet u ur gonna grow up a bum. if u skip then u will, so.......get ur ****ing lazy ass out of bed!!!
i'm a junior in highschool and i can count the days i've been absent since kindergarten on one hand.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
It is definitely abnormal to miss that many days of school per week. Seriously, at least get your act together before your senior year. You'll thank yourself later. Also, if you're not planning on going into university, what are you planning to do?

To the guy who said nothing after 5th grade is useful: No. I'm from BC too, and we have one of the best education systems in North America. You get out of school what you put into it.
Dude, that was EXACTLY me last year.
Trust me, you'll regret it immediately after you graduate (if you do).
My marks suffered. I passed with the minimum mark of 60% in physics.
Just take this year seriously, you can slack afterwards.

EDIT:Wait, do you go up to grade 11 or 12? In Quebec we only go up to grade 11.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Grow up and get your ass out of bed?

this
go study and do your work
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
I only miss school when im sick as a dog. I hang out with friends all weekend, occasionally go to parties, etc.

You've gotta go to school if you ever want to make a name for yourself though, man up and find the energy to do it.
We get to miss 15 days a year (5 per trimester). Any more than that and we don't credit for the class(es) we miss.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by mr.happyman

What age are you in fifth grade?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Eeeer, maybe once every 2-3 weeks. Once a week would just cause suspicions, but it wouldn't screw up your education much. It'll be a bad habit to get into, though.
Quote by DSchmitty
Well I've only ever failed one class (Academic Math) in grade 9 and I finished it in summer school, if I started failing classes I would definitely get my act together, but it feels like I'm doing just fine (60s-70s), I'm not planning on going to university anyways.

60s-70s aren't good, you dumbass. Get up and stop being lazy. I'm a junior too and haven't missed a day except a few classes when I had a court date.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Seriously, how is it even that hard to wake up? I've gone a week without sleep while still going to school. It wasn't necessarily fun but it's do-able. I'd like to see you take every Monday off work to "catch up on sleep"

Something tells me you wouldn't be working for very long
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

It is not normal. You're in 11th grade? Time to grow the fuck up and stop acting like a child. Get your ass out of bed in the morning and go to school. If you're having trouble getting up on Monday morning because you stayed up too late on Friday and Saturday, you need to be going to bed earlier on Friday and Saturday. It sounds like your friends are probably complete losers and you're going down the same path. It's time you got your act together. If you continue to make decisions like the ones you seem to be making now, you're going to end up as a waste of space and a drain on every other person that has some self-worth and acts responsibly.

*closed*