my math teacher gave me a few trig identities, and for the most part, i figured them out, but these two i cant wrap my mind around

(tan x/ 1+cosx) + (sin x/ 1-cosx) = cotx +secx cscx

(tanx/ 1+ sinx) = (sec squared x- secx tanx / cotx)

if you can figure this stuff out, it would be greatly appreciated, and the proof has to be there or else it doesnt matter
neither can i
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
please dont tell me u have mr brown..

haha.

sorry i would help, but im too lazy to get my trig book out...
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
its quite easy, just split each fraction into the two parts (partial fractions...get used to it) and then break it down. i dont care to type it all out, but its very doable.

mathworld.com

hint for #1: find a common denominator. now.
Quote by rlgibson3
my math teacher gave me a few trig identities, and for the most part, i figured them out, but these two i cant wrap my mind around

(tan x/ 1+cosx) + (sin x/ 1-cosx) = cotx +secx cscx

(tanx/ 1+ sinx) = (sec squared x- secx tanx / cotx)

if you can figure this stuff out, it would be greatly appreciated, and the proof has to be there or else it doesnt matter

wow were on the same thing, I don't really want to think, just try converting the tanx to sinx/cosx first.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I used to enjoy doing these. Its been a while though. And I don't have my old math books handy sorry.

Just pick a side to start with and substitute all you can then take another look at it.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Quote by cpick2014
its quite easy, just split each fraction into the two parts (partial fractions...get used to it) and then break it down. i dont care to type it all out, but its very doable.

mathworld.com

hint for #1: find a common denominator. now.

if you could help me more so, cuz i really am lost