So basically my basement flooded, and i lost all my guitar equipment and such. My slumlord (that bastard) offered me 550 dollars for my pain and to buy new equipment. my mother foolishly accepted, so i cannot sue, and this is all the money im getting. So what should i choose? I play alot of state radio, dispatch, and metallica, so i would have to be somewhat versatile. Also i will need a amp, as that went to hell to.
Thanks for your sugestions, it really means alot. I am lost without being able to strum along on my guitar. . .
F*ck that sucks hard. That's why I like living higher up, nice and high above sea level. That's why I don't give a shit about global warming and sea levels rising.
Retroactively buy insurance.

Sorry I can't be of more help (i.e. able lend you my time machine).
Yeah, I hate that "civil contract" crap.
Some guy broke down my brother's apartment door, and my brother's dumb-ass roommate took $30 from him as he was throwing him out, so they couldn't sue for the full price of the door.

What kind of stuff did you have before?
So we have an idea of what you're trying to replace.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Nov 2, 2008,
why would you EVER put your guitar equipment in a basement?

For 550, I can just say that you're not gonna get much.
550$ isn't much to work with.

Can you tell us what is left?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Get a strat pack. They rock so hard and you'll have change left over.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by synpet713192
why would you EVER put your guitar equipment in a basement?

If he's like me "Basement" mean the lower level of the house that is livable in.
I have a basement, but it's not really underground, and it's like a living room down there.
nothing is left, and the only reason i went in the basement was because that is where i could play at above the volume of 0.05. I also had my guitar on a stand, but it somehow got knocked over. I had a peavy rage 158, rocktron time stopper, squier standard tele, and a ds-1. i could do without a expensive amp for now, so idk . . .
Get the least expensive Epiphone model you can find. That'll set you back $250 or so and you'll get a fairly solid and stylish guitar. I don't know about amps.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
That's why I like living higher up, nice and high above sea level. That's why I don't give a shit about global warming and sea levels rising.

lol.
we'll have more to worry about that just sea level if global warming goes unchecked
Go to Craigslist, you can find some good stuff for cheap there. My friend got a Jackson Warrior for $250 and a 212 Peavey amp for $150.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
ok so far these?
any knowledge on these? screw it i will just get a used cheap amp (for now)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=517413V

i figure if i am getting a guitar, why try and save a hundred bucks and then buy something i will regret, or wanna upgrade in two monthes
If you play Metallica, you'll want a humbucker, so I'd go with the HSS strat or the Epiphone, rather than a single coil.
Go with a cheap Ibanez that has HSH.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.