I have a Razr with verizon service and I tried using www.mixr.com to download a ringtone or two onto my phone instead of using the cheesy default ringtones that come with the phone.

Now, I knew Verizon was greedy (they wouldn't give me a new phone after this one broke twice), but this is the icing on the cake. When you open the picture message with the ringtone in it, it lets you save it, but when you go into "my sounds" it won't let you set it as a ringtone.

My question is, does anybody know a way to send yourself ringtones without having to use their ass-raping "get it now" service?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
phonezoo.com
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by guitar_freak333
phonezoo.com

before I go try this, does it work with verizon phones?
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Register at vzwpix.com (free)
clip an mp3 in audacity to 20 seconds
send clip through email to (phonenumber)@vzwpix.com
???????
Profit!
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Yeah, try myxer.com. You can find a ringtone on there, download and save it as a mp3, and then send it to yourenumber@vzwpix.com and it'll allow you to save it to you're phone. I use it all the time.
Is this what you want?
Quote by MarshallMadness
Yeah, try myxer.com. You can find a ringtone on there, download and save it as a mp3, and then send it to yourenumber@vzwpix.com and it'll allow you to save it to you're phone. I use it all the time.

I tried this, I open the picture message, opened it and the only option is to save it as a sound which I did.. I then go to my sounds and it doesn't let me set as a ringtone or anything.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Have you tried emailing it to your phone?
I'm not sure if that works for a RAZR, but it does on my Moto Q, but that has Windows mobile so I might be totally off.

As long as the mp3 or whatever type file is short enough it should work.

EDIT: Nevermind, got beat to it.
-Jay
I'm sorry to say TS, but chances are very slim, as I also have a Verizon Razr, and have spent countless hours trying to figure out the same thing.
I think there's a way to get past it by downloading different firmware for your phone and unlocking it, but I think it voids your warranty, and you do risk jacking up your phone.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by MarshallMadness

Thats exactly what I did which didn't work.

Read much?
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
If you have an SD card, you can put the mp3 on the card with your computer, put it in your phone, send yourself a picture message with the sound attached, and save it as a ringtone. It's faster than emailing too.