And by that I mean when I research this stuff I often see little obvious differences in specs between say an $800 Ibanez and a $1200 Ibanez for example. Is there something there that just makes it so much better? Whether that be playability or whatever.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Better wood quality, better craftsmanship, better electronics, better... well pretty much everything.
Yes but would u be that much happier buying a 1500$ guitar than like say a 200$ one? i have a cheap one and i dont think a 2000$ would make much difference for me. ive played my friends expensive guitar and i feel the same. is it worth it?
What Tallyho said however the $400 difference in price won't equate to much difference in quality.
Quote by qOcOP
Yes but would u be that much happier buying a 1500$ guitar than like say a 200$ one? i have a cheap one and i dont think a 2000$ would make much difference for me. ive played my friends expensive guitar and i feel the same. is it worth it?

Your friends guitar must suck hard for $2000.
yes it is, i got used to my epi lp that was around 700, then i bought a squire tele for recording, ew, action was terrible, but it sounded alright so i didnt return it
Quote by qOcOP

It might not make you happier but it will probably make the listeners happier. In the end it is all down to the player, if you like the sound of your guitar better than any other, then stick with it. Likewise with playing it, if you are most comfortable with your guitar and don't want to sacrifice it for a different and possibly better sound, then don't.
More expensive guitars usually have the better playability, but I'm not saying cheap guitars don't. It's all about preference.

But with $1000 and above, you would normally get the "industry standard" hardware, such as OFR, brand name pickups (Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, EMG, etc.), good selection of wood, good craftsmanship, and all those little aesthetic features (like abalone/mop inlays, high grade maple top, binding, etc.) that make you want to cradle your guitar forever and ever.
^ >< I've seen a bunch of sub-$700 with brand-name pickups, beautiful finishes and aesthetics, quality hardware and sexier looks than a bunch of $2,000+ guitars. Generally your going to get licensed or subpar gear on the cheaper guitars, but once you get past about $500 you get good stuff.

Anyway, I have played various expensive guitars on free weekends, from American Deluxe and custom shop Fenders, to Gibsons, to PRS', to Rickenbackers, to boutique copies, and except for an occasional PRS, boutique guitar or Custom shop strat that stood out, I liked my 2002 Mexican Standard stratocaster better than all of them. So I'm going to say that if you like them the same amount, it's really just your ego that's making you buy the more expensive one. Just try them both out, and if you like the cheaper one, damn the pricetag and what your instincts say, buy the cheaper one. Don't feel pressured to get a more expensive guitar just to get a more expensive guitar or, in the case of one of my friends, to out-price the bands other guitarist and/or bassist.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54