Hey guys, over the weekend I threw together a little jam with Reason and my guitar and I'm not sure what key the song is in.

The chords of the verse are: Cm7 A# G#
The chords of the bridge are: Fm Gm G# A#

Over the bridge (comes in @ ~0:55) I laid down some strings that just accented the root note of each chord (played an F as I strum Fm on guitar). At the end of the bridge before it transitions back into the verse however, I threw in a short B before the C--to class it up a bit.
Check the recording here, the song is code-named Fine:
http://www.purevolume.com/mrbrowninacoffin

Oh and ignore the trumpets, they're just a placeholder.

What I want to know is what key is the song in? Are the verse and bridge in different keys? I'm trying to solo over the song on guitar and D# major works well for the verse, but sounds awkward in the bridge.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
You're in C minor. You're not naming a couple of your chords correctly. A# would be Bb, and G# would be called Ab. I know thats nitpicking, but Theoretically thats what they'd be.
The key would be Eb. Or atleast, that's the note set. I don't know if you'd call a key Eb if there isn't even an Eb chord in the progression, but that's your note set. So using an Eb major scale would work beautifully over this.

Just a question to someone who knows a bit more about this than I, would you call the key Ab Lydian? That's which one I would guess, if you called it any other key, but I'm really not sure on this one.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Cm is the Relative minor to Eb. So even though they have the same notes, they aren't considered the same scale. The break down of the modes for Eb would be:
Eb Major (also called Ionian)
F Dorian
G Phrygian
Ab Lydian
Bb Mixolydian
C minor (also called Aeolian)
D Locrian
All of these scales/modes contain exactly the same notes, but depending on which note you're designating as your Tonal center (root), will determine what you call it.
Hope this helps.
Quote by seth's daddy
You're in C minor. You're not naming a couple of your chords correctly. A# would be Bb, and G# would be called Ab. I know thats nitpicking, but Theoretically thats what they'd be.

+1 for being a theory Nazi
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr