Page 1 of 3
So anyways, I'm a 19 year old college student and I drive a Mustang GT. The car is a lease (yes that's why I can afford it) and it's up in 2 months. Now, I have narrowed the choice down to two cars.

The 2009 Dodge Challenger:

http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/challenger/2009/picturearchive.html

or

A 2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/3series/2008/picturearchive.html

What is the Pit's choice between the two?
a Challenger appears.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
B'mer FTW

BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT WANT A MUSTANG ANYMORE? I OWN ONE AND ITS THE BEST THING IVE EVER DRIVEN!!! I would never want to get rid of it. Unless fuel got way ridiculously expensive. Your crazy. But if you insist on getting a new one Id go with the BMW.... or what else would be a tight sports car is a Camaro.
Challenger: The car the new Charger SHOULD have been
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I think you should put up a poll. Personally I think the Challenger is dead sexy. It reminds me of a '69 Camaro.
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
I just need a car, period...

Anyway, go for the beemer. I'm not a fan of that Dodge...
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
The new challenger (and old) are kickass. I would be your friend if you had one
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the challenger is more of a sportsish car and the BMW is more luxury. That would depend on which of those you want more.
Buy a used BMW E46 (1999-2005 3-series). I got mine for $15,000. Look for a 2001-2002 330i. It's a 4-door and it's a MUCH nicer car than that Challenger. Also, V6 Challengers are very slow, so you'll need a V8. The V8 will have high insurance and gets poor gas mileage.

E46 BMWs are low-cost, gorgeous, well-built cars with plenty of go and great gas mileage. Youwill love the car to death.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
if i could reach through my monitor to your face i would bitch slap you! a 3 series BMW?? LAME-O! the cheapest beamer available? NOOO! CHALLENGER all the way on this one, of course, only if its AT LEAST the hemi if not the srt version. no v6 you pussy. seriously, a 3 series bmw makes me laugh. its not a real bmw. its cerrrrap!
Well Enough Alone
my dad has the BMW. its rad. gear changes are seamless, the breaks arent too touchy like you get in a lot of luxury cars, the interior makes you feel nice, its quiet.

theres no reason why you shouldnt get that car.

but thats just what i think. i've never driven the other one. i really love the BMW, though.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Tallyho
Beamers aren't known for their life span so i'd say the challenger.

Actually, beamers will last about 50-60 years on average. That's beacause a beamer is a call girl that shows off her tits when you drive by her on the corner of 3rd st. and 8th ave.

It's called a Bimmer, not a beamer.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Get a smart car. Then you can get some of that hot environmentalist pussy.
Quote by guitardude11
if i could reach through my monitor to your face i would bitch slap you! a 3 series BMW?? LAME-O! the cheapest beamer available? NOOO! CHALLENGER all the way on this one, of course, only if its AT LEAST the hemi if not the srt version. no v6 you pussy. seriously, a 3 series bmw makes me laugh. its not a real bmw. its cerrrrap!

lmao it will out-handle the HELL out of that shitty American Challenger. Also, it's built better, and it's a much better college carthanks to the gas mileage and convenience.

But if you want a gas-guzzler with shitty handling and a cheap interior, go for it .
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
oh my god. I was gonna say BMW without looking at the Dodge. But Omfg get the dodge. It looks incredibly sexy. I would totally get that if i had the money. Do it TS. DO IT.
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
Quote by philipp122
Actually, beamers will last about 50-60 years on average. That's beacause a beamer is a call girl that shows off her tits when you drive by her on the corner of 3rd st. and 8th ave.

It's called a Bimmer, not a beamer.

Whatever. Bimmer, beemer, however you say it, it sounds the same.
Quote by aaronob
B'mer FTW

BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT WANT A MUSTANG ANYMORE? I OWN ONE AND ITS THE BEST THING IVE EVER DRIVEN!!! I would never want to get rid of it. Unless fuel got way ridiculously expensive. Your crazy. But if you insist on getting a new one Id go with the BMW.... or what else would be a tight sports car is a Camaro.

It's a lease, he has to give it back soon.

Go for the mustang
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Save up for a vette... thats where its at. (2009 ZR1 preferably) Although seeing as that's probably a little out of your price range (and mine unfortunately) I say the challenger. I mean the BMW's are nice cars, and its a german product and if you've seen the Sham Wow Commercial you know the Germans make good stuff, but common that challenger is just soo attractive.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Quote by philipp122
lmao it will out-handle the HELL out of that shitty American Challenger. Also, it's built better, and it's a much better college carthanks to the gas mileage and convenience.

But if you want a gas-guzzler with shitty handling and a cheap interior, go for it .

yea but would you rather have the laughing stock of BMW or the american muscle pussy MAGNET!!!

this isnt about shitty american vs. european. i agree european technology rocks, okay, german technology rocks! but this is about a gay bmw vs. a cool dodge.

i do agree with you about being a better college car. but i'd rather feel like a badass than a fag. seriously, only douches and chicks drive 3 series cause they dont know any better. (no offense to anyone) if you are going to get a BMW, then do it right and get a REAL BMW. but if you cant afford that, then get a REAL DODGE. besides, lexus rapes bmw in that class of a car. skip the 3 series and get an is250/350 if you must. damn 3 series sucks. bmw sold out, why do you think its the only "affordable" bmw? CAUSE IT SUCKS!
Well Enough Alone
The amount of ignorance in this thread erks me...

Basically, the challenger's a sports car, and the BMW is a luxury sedan...you chose the mustang last time, so logic tells me that you'll like the Challenger better than the BMW.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Tallyho
Beamers aren't known for their life span so i'd say the challenger.

Are you kidding?

I'd say the Challenger though. Such a chick magnet
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
I agree with Mutant Corn.
But I would like to throw the 2009 Chevy Camaro into consideration for you. It's the same price as the challenger for a V6 LS.
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
Quote by Tallyho
Whatever. Bimmer, beemer, however you say it, it sounds the same.

actually, you typed beamer, which is neither of those words. both of those words (bimmer, beemer) are correct, just one refers to the cars that BMW makes and the other refers to the motorbikes. i cant recall which is which though.
Quote by dylpikle9
But I would like to throw the 2009 Chevy Camaro into consideration for you. It's the same price as the challenger for a V6 LS.

V6
He said he's got a GT now. Why would you downgrade like that. SRT8 baby

Edit: Bimmer is the car.
Quote by handbanana
Quote by dylpikle9

This man is wise. Just don't get the V6. Popular Mechanics test drivers said the permormance would take 30 years off of your life

And it's a Camaro. Which is synonymous with badass. And before anyone says anything about that, the 90's don't count.

Is it obvious that I LOVE Camaros?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Nov 3, 2008,
if you are thinking about the v6 challenger, then get the 3 series. i assume you wouldnt, but theres nothing worse than a classic muscle car with a v6 piece of crap under the hood. just sayin'.
Well Enough Alone
I'm going to go with the Challenger on this one, because there's something about 19 year-old BMW owners that grinds my gears.

...but that's just me.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Ok, here's another question. What car would be more attractive to girls who are actually decent human beings. Not like, church going-innocent as all get out girls, but not sluts.
Quote by wiliscool
V6
He said he's got a GT now. Why would you downgrade like that. SRT8 baby

Edit: Bimmer is the car.

I'm all for the V8 2SS. I was just keeping the car in his current price range.
The V8 2SS goes from 30K USD - 33K, whereas the LS goes from 20-22K.
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
Quote by Natrone
And it's a Firebird/Formula/Trans AM. Which is synonymous with badass.

Fixed

Edit: New idea, BUY a '02 Trans Am. WS6 of course.
Best car ever made x1000
Quote by handbanana
Last edited by wiliscool at Nov 3, 2008,
Page 1 of 3