I've had it for a few weeks. I've played it less than 10 times. It was working fine yesterday. Today I took it to band practice and it didn't make any sound. The fan was running and the pilot light was on. It wasn't on standby or something stupid. All of the volume knobs were at a reasonable level. It didn't work with any of the guitars or cables I tried. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
i don't know about the wiring on this one... i have a peavey 6505+ and a little while ago i was playing it and heard a downshift in the sound and a couple minutes later it died...

when it died the power button didn't light up so I changed the fuse and got power but the standby light didn't work and i had no sound...

what it could be is that you dislodged something in transport... if you don't know what you are doing you should get it checked out by a tech. By replacing the fuse i actually wasn't helping anything... what happened to my amp was that one of the 6L6s surged and burned out causing the internal fuse for the stanby switch to go and then blowing the main fuse, by changing out the main fuse i still turned it on with a faulty circuit which could have boned my amp but luckily it didn't.... if something in your amp blew there is a specific set of steps one needs to take to find where the original problem happened (the tech said so)...
-----
Peavey 6505+ w/ BG412F
B.C rich platinum pro w/ EMG 81&85
-----
Could be any number of things; tube problem, bad transformer, etc. If its new, it'll be under warranty. I think Peavey has something like a 3 year warranty. If you got it used, take it to a certified repairman. If you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with it. You might actually make the problem worse.
Good luck.
Quote by JanB
i don't know about the wiring on this one... i have a peavey 6505+ and a little while ago i was playing it and heard a downshift in the sound and a couple minutes later it died...

when it died the power button didn't light up so I changed the fuse and got power but the standby light didn't work and i had no sound...

what it could be is that you dislodged something in transport... if you don't know what you are doing you should get it checked out by a tech. By replacing the fuse i actually wasn't helping anything... what happened to my amp was that one of the 6L6s surged and burned out causing the internal fuse for the stanby switch to go and then blowing the main fuse, by changing out the main fuse i still turned it on with a faulty circuit which could have boned my amp but luckily it didn't.... if something in your amp blew there is a specific set of steps one needs to take to find where the original problem happened (the tech said so)...

So when your 6505+ died, you replaced the fuse[which one??] and it still didnt work? So then you replaced the burnt tubes and replaced a "main fuse"? and it worked? Could you explain a little better please.

my peavey ultra plus died.. lol
Well, I won't be able to get to an amp tech for a while. And I would hate to take it to a tech and find that it was a simple problem that I could fix myself. So before I do that, is there some kind of general trouble-shooting method I can use to possibly diagnose the problem?
WELL GOLLY GEE WILLAKERS DO I FEEL SILLY! I spent a couple of hours reading about complicated electronics stuff. Then I took another look in the back of the amp only to find that the left speaker was disconnected from the right. I knew it was probably something stupid like that.