No duh. But I've tried it before and haven't been able to get it. It's gotta be something besides that.
Seriously..Could it just be my amp?

It's a pinch harmonic with vibrato thrown on is all it is?
thats just a pinch and a bend.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
If you can't get a pinch harmonic to sound like that, your technique isn't good enough.
Pinch Harmonic with a slight palm mute, how I play it anyway .-. Love the solo to DHCJ as well easy to play yet so nice =]
My Gear:
Fender DC-4/TS Acoustic
Encore Classical
Vintage V100
Squire Stratocaster
Marshall MG15CD
Quote by Nutter166
Pinch Harmonic with a slight palm mute, how I play it anyway .-. Love the solo to DHCJ as well easy to play yet so nice =]

yes, your right. very slight palm mute.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Unless my headphones are ****ed, that sounds like a poor pinch harmonic, but still a pinch harmonic. They're really quite easy.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
Unless my headphones are ****ed, that sounds like a poor pinch harmonic, but still a pinch harmonic. They're really quite easy.

Its not a normal vibrato pinch like a zakk wylde or killswitch. its just a quick pinch, pretty common in death metal.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
Its not a normal vibrato pinch like a zakk wylde or killswitch. its just a quick pinch, pretty common in death metal.

Fair point. I'm used to more elaborate pinch harmonics, like I tend to attempt.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
Fair point. I'm used to more elaborate pinch harmonics, like I tend to attempt.

thats what i normally do too, they kill small animals. the small ones are just meant to make the note stand out a bit more than usual.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
thats what i normally do too, they kill small animals. the small ones are just meant to make the note stand out a bit more than usual.

I usually do the small ones all the time by accident. So it doesn't really help me to make something stand out.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
I usually do the small ones all the time by accident. So it doesn't really help me to make something stand out.

for example, if you do a lot of chugging on the low e, then you throw in a couple small pinches, it really stands out.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
no one's commented on how ridiculous this ****ing song is. lol who makes a song about coffee.
Quote by stilt37
no one's commented on how ridiculous this ****ing song is. lol who makes a song about coffee.

its from metalocalypse, its a cartoon.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Pinch harmonic, as stated all over. Just let your thumb sit there for a split second longer for the mute.