I bought a pack of Martin Lights; first time re-stringing my guitar, and I think i did a decent job. HOWEVER, the bridge pin for my 6th string, has been elevated while i was twisting the knob up to string the guitar. Problem? :/

And also, my 6th/5th/4th string on the headstock, does not line up, the elavation is uneven. example ; my 4th string is higher, 5th string lower, and 6th string even lower.

Sum :
- 6th string bridge pin = elevated
-Head stock, the strings differ in action, but the action on the frets, and body are aligned evenly. (as far as i can tell).

halp please :/
=D
I wish I could help... but I don't own an acoustic yet... but I can tell you the lining up thing... It won't effect anything... some strings take alittle more tension then other strings to reach their pitch, but the bridge pins.... I can't answer that one.
Quote by Alakazam
I bought a pack of Martin Lights; first time re-stringing my guitar, and I think i did a decent job. HOWEVER, the bridge pin for my 6th string, has been elevated while i was twisting the knob up to string the guitar. Problem? :/

And also, my 6th/5th/4th string on the headstock, does not line up, the elavation is uneven. example ; my 4th string is higher, 5th string lower, and 6th string even lower.

Sum :
- 6th string bridge pin = elevated
-Head stock, the strings differ in action, but the action on the frets, and body are aligned evenly. (as far as i can tell).

halp please :/

Please don't double post in different forums until people have had a chance to answer one. Read my reply in Acoustics forum.
Quote by WickedBeast666
I wish I could help... but I don't own an acoustic yet... but I can tell you the lining up thing... It won't effect anything... some strings take alittle more tension then other strings to reach their pitch, but the bridge pins.... I can't answer that one.

That's not why they are at different levels, it's because they are different gauges and 3 wraps of a .054" string will take up more space on the post than 3 wraps of an .010" string will. And one period will suffice for each sentence. Then a space. Then....get it?