not to bring anyone down and not to start a flame war

i'm just sitting here, 1 in the morning working on a paper for English class and i'm almost done, and by that i mean i have two and a half pages done and need to write at least 1 more.

And im just thinking to myself, i dont want to do this anymore, i'm still in high school (gr 12) so a bunch of you are probably older than me and done with this BS.

so heres my question, is it worth it? is it worth spending hours on a paper to just get it graded, handed back to you, and then never ever seen again? seriously, whats the point. i want to do something that actually has meaning, not this random ass crap bullshit (damn im pissed haha)

thanks for everyone who actually read this, i dont know.....i just think that things could be so much better, for instance just to have a job....JUST a job, that would be way better than school i think, right now i have both, and everyone expects that i will go to college, i dont even think i want to tho, and it's not like i can just go in, take classes for a week or two and then just drop out if i dont like it, or can i? i'm pretty sure i cant.

i guess most of this is just about my parents who have very high expectations of me, and cmon, im a ****in rocker, i wanna ****in rock!!!! this bullshit of school and "higher education" MY EDUCATION IS MUSIC!!!!

ok, my rant is over......****.......
Banquo?

X
Ive been wonderig about this to lately.

Oh and BTW you got a sweet attitude towards rock. Very Jack Black.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

yeah there is really no point in essays and papers except to show your ability to BS and elaborate on stuff you could have said in 3 words. The don't really show what you know. Which is why i'm avoiding writing a paper for my psych class for tomorrow.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
haha thanks. JB and KG are definitely two of my top heroes

i wish i had such a life. and im not just talkng about papers, also like physics (Which is sometimes interesting) and math, which im never going to use. if i could i'd just play usic all day

just like every other UGer haha
Banquo?

X
Last edited by whitetiger4000 at Nov 3, 2008,
im in year 10, and i've written 4 page essays in 1 hour, so 3 and a half pages isnt that that bad.
quit complaining and get off ug and do your homework, if your in yr 12 its almost the end of the year anyway.
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

You wanna go through life without education go right ahead, but I guarantee you will regret it later in your life when it will most likely be too late to go back.

It's very hard to make a living with music, it relies a lot on being in the right place at the right time and knowing the right people. Going on to secondary education will give you a much better chance of making ends meet comfortably than if you didn't.

And yeah, high school is bullshit. Just play along and go with it, when you're in college (hopefully) you'll realize just how dumb it was.
yea i realize im almost done, but its what comes after high school thats stupid.

and about the paper, i have to write 4 pages on a 2 stanza poem, takes awhile to fukin think of 1 word that can mean 5 different things (especially with my bitchy english teach)
Banquo?

X
Quote by whitetiger4000
haha thanks. JB and KG are definitely two of my top heroes

i wish i had such a life. and im not just talkng about papers, also like physics (Which is sometimes interesting) and math, which im never going to use. if i could i'd just play usic all day

just like every other UGer haha

If you think physics is cool sometimes maybe you should look into something that could combine that with music. I'm majoring in physics and I'm looking for jobs in audio engineering or something like that.

Oh and physics is all math. Plus if you work at McDonald's for the rest of your life you won't be able to give me the right change for my fries if you don't know math
Even as a music major, I think you're being stupid. Music is created out of the conditions in which we live in. If you have no sense of context that you can gain through your education when you see it as knowledge, not work, then all the music you listen to and play are meaningless. Until you have a sense of context of the world, you are just another mediocre pawn.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by rcw110131
And yeah, high school is bullshit. Just play along and go with it, when you're in college (hopefully) you'll realize just how dumb it was.

i think college is going to be shittier than HS. hopefully not.

and i already know pretty much everyone i need to know to get into the music business, and i didnt say that i wanted to pay music for a career, although i said it would be awesome, i just said i wanted a job, and the job that im getting in march doesnt require schooling, unless school can teach me about guitar and microphones and all that good stuff
Banquo?

X
I spent 2yrs in college and can't find a local job over $8.00hr, Hows that for pointless. Life sucks.

Go to college! I don't regret it, I learned a ton of stuff. I just wish I could afford a 4yr degree though I could still end up without a job.

How do you be successful?
I'd go to college for a million years if i was guaranteed a good job.

Kind of off topic but owell.
Knowledge is power.

And I'm totally not being sarcastic here.

It's worth it. Maybe not every individual paper or assignment, but the outcome is very much worth it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by x_thurston_x
Knowledge is power.

And I'm totally not being sarcastic here.

It's worth it. Maybe not every individual paper or assignment, but the outcome is very much worth it.

Power corrupts.
Study hard.
Be evil.