when i mean musicians, I mean popular artists(mainly rock), not jazz or classical musicians that most people don't know about. Musicians such as Hendrix, Lennon, Cobain.

It seems to me that overwhelmingly majority of those musicians are atheists, It would be weird to see rock stars going to church every Sunday.

Yeah it figures that most are spiritual, and by religious I mean like a Christian who goes to church and prays.
Last edited by lpmarshall at Nov 3, 2008,
Quote by lpmarshall
when i mean musicians, I mean popular artists(mainly rock), not jazz or classical musicians that most people don't know about. Musicians such as Hendrix, Lennon, Cobain.

It seems to me that overwhelmingly majority of those musicians are atheists, It would be weird to see rock stars going to church every Sunday.

You don't have to go to church to be religious.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

You don't have to go to religious to be church.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
I don't really get this post TS. What are u implying?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Most were spiritual I'm sure, in one respect or another, which I believe is often times as good as or better than being religious.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Rockstar's were pretty spiritual with their music, look at Hendrix for example,
how the **** do you get talent like that?
Anyway, most rockstar's aren't die hard religious i'd say.
I choose to believe in nothing. There is no point worshiping anything. If there is a God(s) it pays no mind to us parasites.
Hendrix was quoted as saying that music was his religion.
Lennon didn't pertain to any religion, but was very spiritual. As are most other "rock stars"...
Cobain was Buddhist I believe, or at least showed great interest in it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
^ yes, yes they are!
most musicians don't bother with religion, as it is pointless to use it in song, UNLESS your a Christian deathcore band / band!

and atheist is a religion, agnostic is not!

i find religion sickening and pointless, as i write about what i feel and see and experience
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Marskell
^ yes, yes they are!
most musicians don't bother with religion, as it is pointless to use it in song, UNLESS your a Christian deathcore band / band!

and atheist is a religion, agnostic is not!

i find religion sickening and pointless, as i write about what i feel and see and experience

wat

Atheism is the belief that there is no supreme deity(s). It isn't a religion, if anything, it's a lack of religion.
^ yes you got me there it isn't a religion but it's definitely not a non committal view on religion as Agnostic

"The term atheism originated as a pejorative epithet applied to any person or belief in conflict with established religion. With the spread of free thought, scientific skepticism, and criticism of religion, the term began to gather a more specific meaning and has been increasingly used as a self-description by atheists."

they are basically against all religion and set out to bring it down
"We carry death out of the village!"
this is teetering on religion wars right here, i can feel it
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Music isn't a religion? Man, I no wonder I get kicked out music shops every time I sacrifice a goat there.
Quote by lpmarshall

Yeah it figures that most are spiritual, and by religious I mean like a Christian who goes to church and prays.

Dave Mustaine?
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM