So my pc doesn't work. I can't get it to boot into windows, it keeps rebooting after the very first windows load screen. Can't get into safe mode or any of those other modes either. When I try to boot from xp cd (after set the Drive before the harddisk) it gives a "memory overflow" error.

It really bugs me since i can't acces my music files. I probably gonna put my HD in my other pc too recover the files, but maybe I get lucky and 1 of you (gospel choir aaah) had this problem before and can help me.

I tried computer help sites and microsoft site but they are like ye just do this and that (referring to actions which can only be done if u get into windows).

The one who has a solution get's credit in my sig

P.s. (the new Satch album is quite good)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
First of all it sounds like a software issue so putting your hard drive in other PC won't help. Also your registry files and settings are hardware specific so you will most likely get a blue screen if you swap the harddrive anyways.

EDIT: I see what you mean about recovering files now. I would honestly try this, recover everything you can, then just wipe it out and run a clean install of Windows.

Try rebooting it and as soon as it starts the boot screen (if you can) pull the plug or flip the switch or do something to drop the power to your computer before it can reboot. After that it SHOULD prompt you to either Start Windows Normally, Last Known Good Configuration or Safe Mode.
Last edited by l2p_Guitar at Nov 3, 2008,
Argh, alas I have been cursed with the same problem as your comp. xD

It's been out of comission for about a month and a half now; with all my music, anime, GP files on it.......

How would I be able to recover the data on it?

thanks
Quote by xxdarrenxx
So my pc doesn't work. I can't get it to boot into windows, it keeps rebooting after the very first windows load screen. Can't get into safe mode or any of those other modes either. When I try to boot from xp cd (after set the Drive before the harddisk) it gives a "memory overflow" error.

It really bugs me since i can't acces my music files. I probably gonna put my HD in my other pc too recover the files, but maybe I get lucky and 1 of you (gospel choir aaah) had this problem before and can help me.

I tried computer help sites and microsoft site but they are like ye just do this and that (referring to actions which can only be done if u get into windows).

The one who has a solution get's credit in my sig

P.s. (the new Satch album is quite good)

I can't do that. I know my programs won't work because of registry; but i just want my project safe files, which I think I can acces. I can always get my software back. The harddisk is not crashed, only my windows doesn't work.

Edit: Saw ur Edit. Exactly what I was thinking. I would just get my project files and then format the entire disk. Unless (Which is a small possibility) it is a problem with my RAM.

To PyroMaster
To the user post above. You take ur harddisk and put it as a slave in another computer. Then it will act as a Drive. You then need software to get into, since it's not a external hardrive it needs like a "driver" to acces it, in this case a software program to recover files. All programs won't work, but saved data will and this has about a 90% succes rate if your windows is broken instead of a harddisk crash.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 3, 2008,
had a similar problem, needs a rebuild as the windows part is corrupt

take it to a pc place and they would do it for bout £50
This is why you should have a backup OS like Linux Ubuntu on your HDD. That way, it's easy to make backups.

Partitions are a great way to save your files. Create at least two partitions: One on 30GB for Windows (or any other OS), and one on <rest of the disk space> on the other. For your music, programs, documents etc.

Everyone should do this. Just a tip for the regular users.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal