Hi.
Im writing this thread because i think that my guitar is soffering the effects of the humidity.
Its a Epiphone Les Paul Standard bought in Usa.

When i received it it had a poor set up. This in May. I took it to a luthier that told me that the truss road was at the limit. So i had a guitar with high action and fret buzz.

I decided to take it to another luthier recommended by my teacher. He was great and the truss road wasnt in the end, as the other said me. This in June.

We are now in Portugal(where i live) entering the Winter and the humidity is raising. And the problem is that i have is that the only place that i can keep is in humid place, so my action has raised lot, and if i lower it in the bridge it gives me frett buz, so it must be again a truss road problem.

I dont want to pay anther set up, at least for now, so what do you recomend me?

Some images

Do you think that the problem is the humidity?

Should i buy a case?

Please help me as im only a teen and btw, sory for my english.
Quote by Bedhead03
lols i should just sig this whole thing

Whats the problem with this thread?

And crazyace2, dont you think that is high?
what the ****?

you call that high? mine's about 1.5 times your action height man.

judging from the pictures, it's as low as it can get.
completly honest, without a straightedge or the string held down at the first fret and where the body meets the neck and a pic around the 6th 7th frets, you honestly can't tell anything about the action of the neck.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Thanks for the help, but no one told meif i should get a case for the winter...what do you think?
We deal with high humidity problems all the time here in Hawaii. What I have is an inexpensive digital hygrometer that I keep in guitar cases. I bought some bulk silica gel on ebay....about a kg worth of it. I then sewed a few small beanbags with the silica gel in it. Silica gel can be recharged by putting in a toaster oven for 3 hrs at 250 deg. farenheit. Make sure you have a guitar case. Toss a bag in the case with the guitar and put in your hygrometer. Keep the humidity between 45-55 percent.
You will have no troubles. When you recharge the bags, the extra bags keep in a zip lock and when your humidty begins to get to the high end, switch bags and when you have used them up, recharge them all and do it again. It works nifty here, and we have very high humidty which can do some real damage to wood guitars. In your pictures, your action looks quite low, but you should keep guitars properly humidified anyway.