Hey all, ive been a bassist for almost 2 years now in a small band, i have bought my own amp which is the Hartke VX2510 combo and currently using a fender P-bass, i have a ME-20B bass multi-effects pedal however i feel like this isint doing quite the job for some of the songs that i play such as muse or the killers and im looking for a good distortion or fuzz pedal. ive heard that Big Muff is the choice but then ive heard others aswell.
Wondering what would be the best choice.

-Cheers-

An Irish Man is the only one that could out drink God
I used to have a Big Muff pedal and it didn't really sound that good with my bass, but I was playing through a guitar amp on a cheap shitty bass so it might be different for you.
Big Muff all the way. Though it's not gonna be so versatile. Most would go as far as to say it only has one sound.
And it also cuts mids and low end. The Bass Big Muff is a pretty good fuzz on the cheap, but only if you like that muff sound.

Fuzz has very different applications to overdrive or distortion, so consider what you want it for before you make up your mind.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
im looking for a pedal that can be deliver a good punk/rock distortion but be versatile enough to deliver a good sound for fuzz.
The trouble is, fuzz and distortion as produced in completely different ways. Distortion and overdrive are produced by squashing the peaks of your signal, while fuzz chops them off, giving something resembling a square wave. Not many pedal will be able to do both.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Gotta love fuzz's that give you an almost synthy square cut-wave sound. So sweet.

To TS, compression is always a good thing to have! EQ gives you a good boost for special parts of songs. I'm not a fan of chorus but it can sound really effective. Envelope filter for when you get your funky duck on

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9