I was thinking about this yesterday
I don't know any blind people, so I can't ask anyone I know,

Does the Pit have any blind friends/relatives?

I think people who were "blinded" mat some point in their life probably dream, but what about people who were born blind?

Thanks,
They do, they dream in sounds, sents etc.

It's not that hard to figure out.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
there's a blind guy on UG who had a thread about this some time ago and he answered all kinds of questions.
its good i will ask my frends on myspace n i will get u backon this absaloutly amasing subject
Quote by slayaplaya
there's a blind guy on UG who had a thread about this some time ago and he answered all kinds of questions.

You got the link dude?
Quote by slayaplaya

How? If he's blind, how can he use computers? Is there some sort of audio technology that I'm not aware of?
Quote by joeackroyd
its good i will ask my frends on myspace n i will get u backon this absaloutly amasing subject

Good lad! thanks a lot
Quote by agreth_3rd
How? If he's blind, how can he use computers? Is there some sort of audio technology that I'm not aware of?

he said that when he hovers the pointer at something the PC plays audio.

one guy posted something like this:

"the roflcopter goes roflroflroflroflroflroflroflrolforlforlforoflroflror!"

I don't have the link, but it's here on the forums somewhere.
Quote by agreth_3rd

Text to speech, speech to text? Duh

Most computers have a basic form of it.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
There are some things about his posts which make me think he is not blind. "I saw".. and stuff, as well as other little details.

I wonder how he managed to upload his own mp3s as well, unless he got assistance.

Sorry if that is really skeptical, but someone had to say it.
Quote by Jackolas
There are some things about his posts which make me think he is not blind. "I saw".. and stuff, as well as other little details.

I wonder how he managed to upload his own mp3s as well, unless he got assistance.

Sorry if that is really skeptical, but someone had to say it.

If he wasn't really blind he'd be careful enough to not leave errors like that... read through the whole thread, it's fascinating and he answers lots of questions that we could ask.
i'm half blind, and yet, i still have dreams

epiphanyedit: holy crap! his dreams about how he cant move very fast, like he is running through water, very sluggish.....i've had bunches of dreams like that! maybe its a blind person thing.....
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Nov 3, 2008,
Quote by akack
If he wasn't really blind he'd be careful enough to not leave errors like that... read through the whole thread, it's fascinating and he answers lots of questions that we could ask.

Nah you are right, as it goes on I got convinced.
I know several blind people or people with very bad sight, and there are LOOOADS of programs for the visually impaired to use on computers. It's really not that unlikely :P:

I know a girl on IRC who is partially sighted, and her eyesight is getting worse and worse, and she uses some program that reads what people are saying in IRC to her. I think that's pretty cool.

As for typing, I barely even look at my keyboard when I'm typing except for keys I don't use often like F9 or something. So I wouldn't imagine typing would be too hard, especially if you've been practising your whole life without being able to see the keyboard...

And dreaming...everyone has dreams (even if they don't remember them), and most dreams, I find, are more about sensation than specific visuals anyway. Like...I had a dream about this weird place made of concrete, and I have a very strong memory of it, but if I try to think about the details of it they totally escape me. I just remember the way it feels.

So I would imagine that dreaming wouldn't be that different for blind people, really.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy