I'm very interested in the genre, but don't know where to start.
Chuck Berry? Eric Clapton? Stevie Ray vaughan? Dunno.

Please give me must-listen albums for any great blues-rock album that I can rent.
Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan are always a good place to start. Hendrix is really who inspired both of them though some people do not realize how much of a blues guitarist Hendrix was. Some good blues guitarist of today are John Mayer, Joe Bonamassa, & John Scofield. Any of those are also good artists to start with.
Quote by ak10
Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan are always a good place to start. Hendrix is really who inspired both of them though some people do not realize how much of a blues guitarist Hendrix was. Some good blues guitarist of today are John Mayer, Joe Bonamassa, & John Scofield. Any of those are also good artists to start with.

I know that Vaughan's first album is excellent.
For Clapton, what?
Cream, crossroads, his greatest hits, it kind of just depends on what kind of clapton you want to hear. My favorite Clapton song is Layla
For Clapton look up Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton, and also Cream - Disraeli Gears
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
SRV- Texas Flood
Jimi Hendrix- Are you Experienced, Axis Bold as Love
Pearl Jam- Ten (more rocky than blues but its got some good blues solos)
Allman Bros.- Greatest Hits
etc.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Gov't Mule
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by soundgarden19
SRV- Texas Flood
Jimi Hendrix- Are you Experienced, Axis Bold as Love
Pearl Jam- Ten (more rocky than blues but its got some good blues solos)
Allman Bros.- Greatest Hits
etc.

I love Even Flow, but the rest of the Pearl Jam songs are meh for me...
I listened to the Allman Brothers greatest hits, and I'm loving it.

SRV texas flood? ok
Yeah, I thought I'd hate the Allman Bros. but I picked up the greatest hits and I'm loving it.
Also check out some Grateful Dead and Gov't Mule.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.