Poll: Is Global Warming a Bad Thing?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Global Warming a Bad Thing?
Yes
60 70%
No
26 30%
Voters: 86.
Page 1 of 3
Ok all u tree huggers out there. What r ur views on these hot topics, and what should we do about them
lol the environment is kewl.

I hate all the global warming scare stories we hear everyday.
RULE BRITANNIA
Anyone who thinks Global Warming is a good thing needs a hole in their head. However, is it the end of civilization as we know it? Probably not. Is it man made? I doubt it and certainly not entirely. Is there anything that we can do to stop it? I doubt it.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I hate all the global warming scare stories we hear everyday.

So do I, it's incredibly annoying.

I prefer the term Climate Change anyway. It's just a period in our earth's life. We are leaving an ice age, we cannot stop it.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
its just God huggin us tighter (Tina Fey is the ****ing shit....i might have spelt her name wrong....meh....)
Last edited by Max-Roach at Nov 3, 2008,
i feel we dont have anything extremely to worry about. Al Gore is just a crapshack who invneted the internet lol
actually the politically correct term is global climate change.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
global warming is a natural occurance, it wasnt caused by humans and it cant be stopped by humans.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
yeah, its kinda out of our hands anyways. sure, we can plant some trees, cut down on emissions, ride bicycles instead of driving, and stop destroying ancient rainforests, but at the end of the day, the climate is still gonna change, whether we want it to or not.
It's happening. Whether we are the cause or not is yet to be seen. Which reminds me, have a gander at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Climatic_Research_Unit_study

Also, see this video, whatever your position. This objectively considers all outcomes, which works DESPITE it's doubt.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ
Last edited by LordBishek at Nov 3, 2008,
Well, unless they can get big factories everywhere on Earth to stop poluting and go green (The thought of it actually happening is highly laughable, mind you), I don't think I'll do my part as it would be microscopically insignificant. The human race will work itself out.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
I just don't think I care anymore. I'm so bored of hearing about it on the news, and how it has seeped into almost every aspect of our lives. At school, all three sciences cover global warming in their own ways, in assembly 2/3rds of the time the headmistress with whine on about climate change and there are posters all around telling us how to save the Earth.

I'm planning on designing a car which runs on endangered species, does 0.5mpg and its waste is pure blocks of carbon and sulphur dioxide, so intense that acid rain actually comes out of the exhaust.

I'd probably listen to all the eco-mentalists if they weren't so earnest and boring, they all wear cardigans and tofu woven trousers, and they talk to us about the threatened life of Polar Bears whilst knitting yoghurt.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
who cares, what's behind it? it's bad for us, that's a fact!
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
I wish people would

A) Look things up before they say anything

B) Or gtfo

Global surface temperature increased 0.74 ± 0.18 °C (1.33 ± 0.32 °F) during the 100 years ending in 2005.[1][2] The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concludes "most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-twentieth century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations"[3][4] via an enhanced greenhouse effect. Natural phenomena such as solar variation combined with volcanoes probably had a small warming effect from pre-industrial times to 1950 and a small cooling effect from 1950 onward.[5][6] These basic conclusions have been endorsed by at least 30 scientific societies and academies of science,[7] including all of the national academies of science of the major industrialized countries.[8][9][10] While individual scientists have voiced disagreement with these findings,[11] the overwhelming majority of scientists working on climate change agree with the IPCC's main conclusions.[12][13]

For those who didn't know what anthropogenic means:

Anthropogenic effects, processes, objects, or materials are those that are derived from human activities, as opposed to those occurring in natural environments without human influences.

Quote by freddaahh
I'm planning on designing a car which runs on endangered species, does 0.5mpg and its waste is pure blocks of carbon and sulphur dioxide, so intense that acid rain actually comes out of the exhaust.

I'd probably listen to all the eco-mentalists if they weren't so earnest and boring, they all wear cardigans and tofu woven trousers, and they talk to us about the threatened life of Polar Bears whilst knitting yoghurt.

Wow arent' you a cool rebel
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Wow arent' you a cool rebel

Really cool. Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong with being bored by all this, I've given up caring about Global Warming.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by LordBishek
No.

Oh, you were being sarcastic

Quote by freddaahh
Really cool. Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong with being bored by all this, I've given up caring about Global Warming.

Yes and I'm bored with explaining why children keep dissappearing around my yard but it's still a concern and if you're not going to adress it properply you might just as well be quiet and accept whatever is coming.
Quote by freddaahh

that really wouldnt be a bad thing......
Quote by freddaahh

Yeah? Well Global Warming hasn't given up on you.
Quote by Kensai

Yes and I'm bored with explaining why children keep dissappearing around my yard but it's still a concern and if you're not going to adress it properply you might just as well be quiet and accept whatever is coming.

Fine, I have accepted it, actually. I just don't really care anymore, I don't deny it, I'll just wait and see.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
How the hell could Global Warming be a good thing?
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by freddaahh
Fine, I have accepted it, actually. I just don't really care anymore, I don't deny it, I'll just wait and see.

Ah, ok

I thought you were one of those people who just look at the name of what they're debating then proceed with the debate.
Quote by Wigert
How the hell could Global Warming be a good thing?

we dont have to use animal pelts to keep us warm?......maybe?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
because it is a natural process?

But how do I snowboard if there are no snow?
Quote by Ssargentslayer
But how do I snowboard if there are no snow?

You do it like a man!
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
well we could stop it if everyone in the world didnt use electricity for about a month. Global warming will flood all of norhtern contries like Canada, Sweeden Norway, finland, well not all of canada but the northern territories.
Quote by guitarhero49
Ok all u tree huggers out there. What r ur views on these hot topics, and what should we do about them

Damn you and your bad puns.

But seriously, how can anyone have views on this? There shouldn't be opposing views on the matter. There should just be "This is really happening and we need to fix it." But noooo, let's fight the issue because we want to use the money for waging wars instead of saving the environment.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
anthropogenic shit up your ass !
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Coincidentally, I have been compling an (incomplete) list of world scientific organisations that support the consensus view that anthropogenic climate change is occurring, I thought I'd share for those of you who think that there is no scientific consensus on the issue.

Oh, and Kensai

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, InterAcademy Council, Joint Science Academy, International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences, European Academy of Sciences and Arts, Network of African Science Academies, US National Academy of Science, National Research Council (US), European Science Foundation, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Federation of American Scientists, World Meteorological Organization, American Meteorological Society, Royal Meteorological Society (UK), Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences, International Union for Quaternary Research, American Quaternary Association, Stratigraphy Commission of the Geological Society of London, International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics, International Union of Geological Sciences, European Geosciences Union, Canadian Federation of Earth Sciences, Geological Society of America, American Geophysical Union, American Astronomical Society, American Institute of Physics, American Physical Society, American Chemical Society, American Society for Microbiology, American Public Health Association, American Statistical Association, Engineers Australia (The Institution of Engineers Australia), Federal Climate Change Science Program (US), Union of Concerned Scientists, Woods Hole Research Center, US Geological Survey, National Center for Atmospheric Research, NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies, United Nations Environment Program, International Council on Science, Pew Center on Climate Change, World Wildlife Fund, Science Council of Japan, Russian Academy of Science, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Australian Academy of Sciences, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Caribbean Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Indonesian Academy of Sciences, Royal Irish Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Royal Society (UK).

Edit:
Quote by LordBishek
It's happening. Whether we are the cause or not is yet to be seen.

LordBishek, I really enjoy your contributions to UG, but this illustrates one of my great frustrations - people say 'we don't know if we are the cause' - well the relevant scientific community mentioned above seems pretty certain on who is causing current Climate Change...
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by Kiwi Ace
Coincidentally, I have been compling an (incomplete) list of world scientific organisations that support the consensus view that anthropogenic climate change is occurring, I thought I'd share for those of you who think that there is no scientific consensus on the issue.

Oh, and Kensai

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, InterAcademy Council, Joint Science Academy, International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences, European Academy of Sciences and Arts, Network of African Science Academies, US National Academy of Science, National Research Council (US), European Science Foundation, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Federation of American Scientists, World Meteorological Organization, American Meteorological Society, Royal Meteorological Society (UK), Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences, International Union for Quaternary Research, American Quaternary Association, Stratigraphy Commission of the Geological Society of London, International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics, International Union of Geological Sciences, European Geosciences Union, Canadian Federation of Earth Sciences, Geological Society of America, American Geophysical Union, American Astronomical Society, American Institute of Physics, American Physical Society, American Chemical Society, American Society for Microbiology, American Public Health Association, American Statistical Association, Engineers Australia (The Institution of Engineers Australia), Federal Climate Change Science Program (US), Union of Concerned Scientists, Woods Hole Research Center, US Geological Survey, National Center for Atmospheric Research, NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies, United Nations Environment Program, International Council on Science, Pew Center on Climate Change, World Wildlife Fund, Science Council of Japan, Russian Academy of Science, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Australian Academy of Sciences, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Caribbean Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Indonesian Academy of Sciences, Royal Irish Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Royal Society (UK).
WELL, I've been making a list of very notable people/organizations who don't agree that it is anthropogenic:

Dr. Kent Hovind, Sarah Palin, guy I went to high school with, manager at a job I used to work at.
there should be an "indifferent" option.. nevertheless, i voted no.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Kiwi Ace

Oh, and Kensai

Edit:

LordBishek, I really enjoy your contributions to UG, but this illustrates one of my great frustrations - people say 'we don't know if we are the cause' - well the relevant scientific community mentioned above seems pretty certain on who is causing current Climate Change...
NASA are also pretty certain that Mars is getting hotter, too. I guess that's because of all those Martians in their SUVs...
Quote by The Madcap
WELL, I've been making a list of very notable people/organizations who don't agree that it is anthropogenic:

Dr. Kent Hovind, Sarah Palin, guy I went to high school with, manager at a job I used to work at.

! I'm still laughing

especially at the image of the guy at ure highschool just being some hick: "climate change? there should be willy change!*i made an assumption that his name was willy*"
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by thedudemeister
So do I, it's incredibly annoying.

I prefer the term Climate Change anyway. It's just a period in our earth's life. We are leaving an ice age, we cannot stop it.

Actually we're supposed to start going into an iceage. the last iceage was over 10 000 years ago.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Page 1 of 3