Page 1 of 2
Well...Today i said i didn't like Lewis Hamilton and i'd rather see Massa win(F1 if anybody doesn't know), as a joke my friend called me racist.

This made me wonder...

Why do people get so worked up about stuff that might be seen as racist when it blatently isn't?

An example, a white person says that they dont like a single Muslim or other race, some people may claim this is racist and completely ridicule the person for being so, what posesses the ridiculer to seriously make this claim?

Discuss or give your examples of OTT racism
Quote by grenade24
Not gay, but I'd tap that
Last edited by Tomme at Nov 3, 2008,
It is racist if you dislike or discriminate against the person because of the race. If you don't like them because of an unrelated reason then it is not racism.
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
I have been in the same situation before, I was either accused of being sexist/racist, all I did was generalise/stereotype.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
A lot of people use it as an easy accusation. For example, I was over at gamefaqs the other day and someone was asking what was everyones favorite sandbox game GTA series, Saints Row series etc. As soon as someone said they didn't like San Andreas 50+ people called them a racist.

I was dumbfounded
On iSketch, I got called a racist for drawing Dizzy Gillespie, a black trumpet player...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You don't like Lewis Hamilton? what are you racist or something?
Sig space available, give me some praise
This just in! Some people are morons!

I got accused of being racist because I said something about the inhabitants of Pajala (a swedish town). People don't know what racist means...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by ross1234
You don't like Lewis Hamilton? what are you racist or something?

Nope i'm your mum
Quote by grenade24
Not gay, but I'd tap that
Quote by thedudemeister
I have been in the same situation before, I was either accused of being sexist/racist, all I did was generalise/stereotype.

I'm not sure if this sarcasm?

Now, of course there are more "serious" acts of racism (violent hate-crimes, genocide etc.) but regardless... Racism, whether it be the systematic eradication of a group or the systematic identification (stereotypes), is still racism.

I think one of the big issues is that white people don't understand how racist they usually are.

The above sentence was meant to ironic to what I've been saying.
Quote by This End Up
It is racist if you dislike or discriminate against the person because of the race. If you don't like them because of an unrelated reason then it is not racism.

no no no, you've got it all wrong.

it's only racist if a WHITE person says it.

if it's a black or an asian saying it then it's acceptable...

aparently.

it's the same as women cant be sexist or that gays cant be heterophobic.

it makes sense.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by roshjosh
I'm not sure if this sarcasm?

It wasn't
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Tomme
Well...Today i said i didn't like Lewis Hamilton and i'd rather see Massa win(F1 if anybody doesn't know), as a joke my friend called me racist.

This made me wonder...

Why do people get so worked up about stuff that might be seen as racist when it blatently isn't?

An example, a white person says that they dont like a single Muslim or other race, some people may claim this is racist and completely ridicule the person for being so, what posesses the ridiculer to seriously make this claim?

Discuss or give your examples of OTT racism

Did you mean "A white person says that they don't like one muslim person"? If so, yeah, I experience that too, although never me myself because I don't go around saying I don't like people. I'm a pretty chill guy, I have no enemies.
'Cause black people need to blame their shitiness on someone.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
I was accused of being racist for laughing at Amir Khan getting his head smashed in, I can't help it if Amir is an egotistic, arrogant nonce that I don't like
Muslim. Not a race.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
Muslim. Not a race.

Black is a race tho, and he is black too

anyway, racism can be aimed to social groups and religious ones too
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Everybody claims that every other ****ing person is racist nowa days. Just a bunch of ignorant ****s who are to dumb to actually start an argument based on facts, let alone opinions.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by metalhead39
I believe Racism can be cured by listening to Bob Marley

ye he is really atreasure on the issue.

mind tho, that the Rastafarian Church was accused as Rasist because it was promoting the Black race as the unique and chosen race until Haile Selassie went out at a speak to the U.N. and aborted all racist ideas from rastafarianism.

the rastafaris are often acused ass Jewish-Hatin, which is also very stupid and historically-politically unaware and unfair

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

Quote by jmilli2
Points to sig.......

i should've have been in that discussion!

i would've lolled so hard!

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by jmilli2
Points to sig.......

I always laugh when I read that.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
^Amazing sig jmilli2

Anyway.

Racism is great

amiright?
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by shadesofanger
^Amazing sig jmilli2

Anyway.

Racism is great

amiright?

well my pov...

im not racist but i laugh at childish things.and racism is childish. so i laugh at words such as coon and nigga.

the worst one is jiggaboo though because my friend came round and we were in my room and he said jiggaboo and my dad laughed.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm racist, Everyone is racist, not everyone is VERY racist, but everyone is a little bit racist, people shouldn't care so much, at least not until it gets to a violent level, but before that, what's the big deal, I call my black friends ****** all the time, they don't care, they just tell me they'll beat my cracker ass then we laugh and have another beer. Racism isn't as big a deal as most minorities (and certain uber-liberal white people) think it is.

Edit: in many cases, Racism is awesome, The black comedians are always the best because they can make the racial jokes and they won't get teamed up on by 5 black guys in the alley behind the comedy club after the show.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Are you seriously telling me that you didn't get the glaringly obvious pun about Lewis Hamilton being a RACE car driver?
Quote by LordBishek
Are you seriously telling me that you didn't get the glaringly obvious pun about Lewis Hamilton being a RACE car driver?

Da dum tsh...

That was truly awful
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
Da dum tsh...

That was truly awful

I thought that was his friend being clever
Quote by LordBishek
I thought that was his friend being clever

Lol, I don't think TS's friend is that clever. Most people wouldn't have thought of it.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Mr_Mysterio
I'm racist, Everyone is racist, not everyone is VERY racist, but everyone is a little bit racist, people shouldn't care so much, at least not until it gets to a violent level, but before that, what's the big deal, I call my black friends ****** all the time, they don't care, they just tell me they'll beat my cracker ass then we laugh and have another beer. Racism isn't as big a deal as most minorities (and certain uber-liberal white people) think it is.

Edit: in many cases, Racism is awesome, The black comedians are always the best because they can make the racial jokes and they won't get teamed up on by 5 black guys in the alley behind the comedy club after the show.

I think that u believe evryone is like you in a way.

No i am not at all a racist.
i only am a social racist against fascists annd racists.
But this is totally justified and racism means UNJUSTIFIED hatred so no, you are wrong

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

Quote by thedudemeister
Lol, I don't think TS's friend is that clever. Most people wouldn't have thought of it.

So I gave him more credit than is due?

But maybe it means I'm clever

I'm probably not.
Quote by LordBishek
So I gave him more credit than is due?

But maybe it means I'm clever

I'm probably not.

Yes you kinda did.

And you are clever dude, trust me
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by LordBishek
I want your children

Awwwwww, shucks.

They're all yours
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
Awwwwww, shucks.

They're all yours

Awesome. I didn't mean have sex with you, I jst wanted to kidnap your children and sell them BOGOF in the human slave trade
Quote by KenMasters
Black is a race tho, and he is black too

anyway, racism can be aimed to social groups and religious ones too

No it can't
Sig space available, give me some praise
Page 1 of 2