When I play chords, especially bar chords close to the nut/headstock such as an F, it sounds real nasal. It seems to be coming mostly from my G string. The tone really doesn't sound good at all. Some amps and amp models from my POD brings this out even more. I don't know what to do about it. Very lightly fretting that string minimizes it but it's still there. I'm playing on 81/85 EMG's, the G string is an Ernie Ball slinky light, probably an 18. Any ideas?
Define "nasal" for me....do that, and I can probably help you
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
No, just a nasal tone, too much midrange, tone may be off a little, like it's a little sharp. It reminds me of the sound you get if you hold your nose then try to sing through it, that's why I'm saying "nasal".
Quote by corndogggy
No, just a nasal tone, too much midrange, tone may be off a little, like it's a little sharp. It reminds me of the sound you get if you hold your nose then try to sing through it, that's why I'm saying "nasal".

Um....cut the midrange a bit!?? Knock down the high's a smidge and pull up the bass a bit.