Ok guys i have a question. But first, an awesome story.

So im going to college. Go Me. But then my dad told me he would buy me a brand new anything to do with a guitar. So i told him i wanted a new amp.

Now, at first, i wanted a 6505+ but then i seen the Krank Revolution. The only REAL difference i can find is the 20 less watts the Krank Rev. has

Ive only played on these two amps for a total of 15 minutes each, and im not really sure. If anyone else has any first hand experience, could you help me out please?

Thanks guys
Both to loud for a college room.

but i mean if you only played them for 15 mins I think you should go spend more time with them.
Quote by jake911
Both to loud for a college room.

My neighbor in the dorms last year had a half stack and it didn't seem to bother anybody. It's not necessary to get a great tone all the time when you're playing. Plus the 6505 breaks up really fast, I get a good tone with mine at relatively low volumes.
Quote by zhunt1130
What kind of music do you play? that would be the first place to start
Well, i think it might e obvious with the amp choices i gave, lol

But incase of a "No" I play metal. Mostly Metalcore and Doom Metal, but metal none the less.

And i would like to spend more time with them, but the only guitar center in ohio that has them both is 4 hours away... so yeah. Oh, and ill be in an Apartment house thingy, so not exactly a dorm. But playing in a Dorm would be awesomesauce.

I think i will flip a coin... lol.
Just based on this little amount of info, I say a 6505 head with a Vader 2x12
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Go to GG&A nao.

?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
That cabs already been decided. Seeing as how a have a Mesa Boogie 4x12, i tihnk im set
Quote by cmakkidguitar
?

Hush, hush, I made a mistake haha too many tabs open!!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by SMB13
Well, i think it might e obvious with the amp choices i gave, lol

But incase of a "No" I play metal. Mostly Metalcore and Doom Metal, but metal none the less.

And i would like to spend more time with them, but the only guitar center in ohio that has them both is 4 hours away... so yeah. Oh, and ill be in an Apartment house thingy, so not exactly a dorm. But playing in a Dorm would be awesomesauce.

I think i will flip a coin... lol.

I figured metal but I wanted to make sure...I play metalcore too and I couldn't be happier with my 6505. It's a very tight amp so triplets and things like that sound especially good. Oh and I also live in an apartment and I've never had any complaints or anything. Maybe I just got lucky with neighbors but sometimes I have the thing turned up to like 3-4 which is LOUD for a bedroom. Like I said before it breaks up really early so playing at lower volumes is no big deal either. I can get a good tone at probably about .5 on the post gain.

EDIT: oh and that Mesa 4x12 of yours (I'm assuming its a rectifier cab) will sound amazing with the 6505....that's exactly what I have
Quote by Yngwi3
Hush, hush, I made a mistake haha too many tabs open!!

No worries, not seen you around here in a while Yngwi3.

Yeah, TS, the 6505 sounds perfect for you, specially with that cab
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
sweet guys, saves my dad 700 bucks, haha.

And yes, its a rectifier, so it'll rip you a new one. Possibly two
You are a lucky lucky man. Having to choose between a 6505 and a Rev is a great problem to have.