Doubt there will be any interest, but I have a 17 inch (I think) lcd computer monitor that is in need of a repair. The power comes on, however I believe the backlight has blown. If you shine a torch or something onto the monitor you can see the image, and occasionally the monitor comes on and works fine for a few hours. It's hit and miss really.

Looking for money or trades, pretty much any trades considered, as for price.. Make me an offer.
sounds like all that is needed to fix this is a new lcd inverter, and they are fairly cheap so its a worthy investment for someone who knows how to take apart anything!
Quote by Entrant_21
sounds like all that is needed to fix this is a new lcd inverter, and they are fairly cheap so its a worthy investment for someone who knows how to take apart anything!

Any idea what specific inverter? Cause I thought it was the inverter, but I put backlight just incase. Could you send me a link to the inverter please?
Quote by dandadog
Any idea what specific inverter? Cause I thought it was the inverter, but I put backlight just incase. Could you send me a link to the inverter please?

Inverters are usually brand specific so im not sure which one yours would use. Have you tried looking for a generic replacement? I have never experienced any problems with them myself but a few friends have.
Quote by Entrant_21
Inverters are usually brand specific so im not sure which one yours would use. Have you tried looking for a generic replacement? I have never experienced any problems with them myself but a few friends have.

Again that's what I've heard, I just never got round to looking.
Okay, I have a 256mb Geforce 6200 video card (AGP). The only game I play is Nascar 2003 Season. Currently have a 17" full screen LCD monitor connected via VGA...average 65 fps at full resolution (1280x1024) with medium graphics and no AA or AF. The new monitor will be connected via dvi (card has both vga & DVI). What kind of frames per second (fps) can I expect with a 22" widescreen LCD monitor while gaming?