I really want to get a strat these days but I don't want a trem and I don't want springs in the equation at all, I just want a fixed bridge and no worries.

So, I've been thinking about getting said strat (Probably just a standard HSS), and fitting a fixed bridge. I've seen the tutorial on PG about filling the gaps and this and that, though I don't mind the tone of a strat with a trem (And therefore with said holes) so going through all manner of hell filling said gaps is not necessary.

So, if I don't fill the holes, is this really as easy as grabbing a bridge, drilling new holes and connecting a ground wire?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Why not purchase a hardtail strat? Then you'd not have to do any work...
or just block it off with a small peice of wood or tighten the screws all the way down, like they do on the clapton strats
=========

Nathnialm

====
Quote by supergerbil
Why not purchase a hardtail strat? Then you'd not have to do any work...
Are any still available?

I thought I looked pretty carefully and didn't see any. My bad if I missed it, but again, I haven't seen one in a while.

Quote by Nathanialm
or just block it off with a small peice of wood or tighten the screws all the way down, like they do on the clapton strats
Quote by Billy Picken
Or just get a tremol-no.
I thought of both these things but both still leave springs in the equation. Albeit the bridge won't move, my OCD will tell me they're there and that will bug me.

I'd much rather have a bridge that is fixed solid to the guitar.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
If you ever have some time on your hands, you can route the cavities into easy-to-duplicate shapes and glue blocks of wood in there, fill any gaps, and paint over them. Then no one will ever know it had a trem.
Quote by Invader Jim
If you ever have some time on your hands, you can route the cavities into easy-to-duplicate shapes and glue blocks of wood in there, fill any gaps, and paint over them...
Quote by jm1681
...I've seen the tutorial on PG about filling the gaps and this and that, though I don't mind the tone of a strat with a trem (And therefore with said holes) so going through all manner of hell filling said gaps is not necessary...

Quote by mikeyElite
the robert cray sig strat is hardtail...
I know, I just don't want a Cray model
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
No sweat

Its just an idea at the moment but I really want a strat...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
do what jim said:
Quote by InvaderJim
If you ever have some time on your hands, you can route the cavities into easy-to-duplicate shapes and glue blocks of wood in there, fill any gaps, and paint over them. Then no one will ever know it had a trem.

Fill in the gaps, measure your intonation and then drill holes for the new bridge.
Also: You don't have to fill in the holes, just put the cover over on the back, take out the claw springs and trem and then measure intonation etc...
get a warmoth strat body done for a hardtail. Maybe $160.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Now thats a good idea!

Plus we get to see painting pics!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Now thats a good idea!

Plus we get to see painting pics!

I know right? If I were gonna get a Strat body from warmoth I'd go for a recessed TOM/ String thru set up as I like that, and I'd get it rear-routed. I likes my strats more like a soloist, I does.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ Samesies.

Although, sometimes you can't be a Strat done to exactly 1969 specs....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
true, true.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
i say do it, i did it to mine, i filled it all up with wood blocks and repainted, need any help with it just let me know
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.