Is there and easy way to come up with a good guitar tune or riff etc... or is the just a knack to it?I need it for my band and im confused and dont wanna let them down(i know it sounds kind of stupid)
I would recommend that you just try experimenting. Depending on what kind of music you play, it could be easy to find a simple riff that sounds good. For metal just tune down get heavy
Cannot force this. I've been playing for about eight years, and I know very well the writer's block that comes with playing guitar. Work in other areas (theory, cover songs, scales, modes, etc) until you feel like writing. Then do it. Eventually you'll get a personal style to build upon. Just give it time and, as always, keep practicing!
Quote by Stupified
I would recommend that you just try experimenting. Depending on what kind of music you play, it could be easy to find a simple riff that sounds good. For metal just tune down get heavy

Hey, man, I decided to join your group. Can you possibly let me know how to code the tag into your sig? Thanks, dude.
Music theory. Learn it.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm