So far I ve wrote a song so im trying to add guitar to but just cant can any of you guys give me help i would really apriecite it! Here is the song

Everybody wants a piece of me

Do you ever wonder how
Your life got to be so grim?
Who has turned the lights off.
How you got in the mess you’re in.
Played by the rules.
You were no fool.
You got it right
Most every time.
What went wrong?
How’d you get to be singing
The wrong song
And still sing along

All I know is

Everybody wants a piece of me.
I just don’t have a piece that’s free.
I want to sit on a mountain top
With my head in the clouds,
Deep in the peace I’ve found.

Im not giving it all because i dont want anyone nicking im sorry it ust took me forever to write
Record yourself singing with your vocal melody in mind, or if you can't actually sing, record yourself playing the melody on piano or guitar, and try to put chords and riffs behind it.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
what I did was a found a key that matched with the mood of the song and if you use a scale to go with it and get som practice its should just come right out at you

But thats just me, not sure if it will work for anyone else
Quote by emosswords
what I did was a found a key that matched with the mood of the song and if you use a scale to go with it and get som practice its should just come right out at you

But thats just me, not sure if it will work for anyone else
Keys dont have individual moods.

I think you should assign each syllable to a note in a melody and than play which ever chord best fits underneath that melody. As in, if one bar of the melody has heaps of notes from C major, use a C major chord underneath.

Theres more to it than that, but thats the basics.
I would just muck around with a chord progression and try singing the vocals to one of these.

30 secs of mucking about let me come up with this.

Key of Dmaj.

G-------------------------D
Everybody wants a piece of me.
A-------------------------Bm
I just don’t have a piece that’s free.
C------------------------- G
I want to sit on a mountain top
C ------------------------- G
With my head in the clouds,
C---------------G--------------D
Deep in the peace I’ve found.