Excuse the grammar...

Ok, so I wanna buy bass as an instrument... but also I have an interest in guita.r. but both isn't an option... I like basc bcause of looks and sound... But guitar is goosd an d has fuller sound that bass doesn't have, so I could recreate my favourite songs. And, I will be playing on my own, no jams with other people (dont ask why) so would guitar be better option? When I pick one I think of othger to buy.... help me please!? Also, Does Acoustic amps sell in Uk? If so, can someone give me a link to a site that sells em.. Thanks......

Oh, and either way, I'll be learning online... any good sites for bass? I know of guitar sites.
Last edited by slipknotrawr at Nov 3, 2008,
sorry, Acoustic does not sell over there. Laney does, check them out.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Try going to a guitar store, trying out bass and guitar, see which one you like more, then come back to us.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by the humanity
sorry, Acoustic does not sell over there. Laney does, check them out.

I know, when I thought of a bass amp I think I should get a laney rb2.
Quote by dancesisidance
Try going to a guitar store, trying out bass and guitar, see which one you like more, then come back to us.

I did.... which is why I told you the situation cuz I can' tell which 1 2 buy...
Wasn't there a thread that was about this exact same subject only a few days ago? Or am I going mad?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Wasn't there a thread that was about this exact same subject only a few days ago? Or am I going mad?

I dunno... Can someone help me?
i'm in the exact same situation as well. if you're only going to be playing on your own you will have alot more fun with guitar so my advice is go for the guitar, and if you have money left over get a crappy starter bass or something.
Here's the lowdown on the guitar and the bass:

Guitar advantages:
- Greater songwriting potential, being better suited to chords and melodies.
- Cheaper and lighter gear; to reach a given volume a guitarist doesn't need to spend nearly as much. Along with that, the rig doesn't need to be as big.
- Not as exerting to play - the bass is a much more physically involving and demanding instrument, and without proper technique you will tire out and get sore.

Bass advantages:
- Basically, lack of competition. Everyone wants to be a guitarist and so a much smaller percentage of guitarists get any acclaim or even get to play in a band, whereas a bassist is never out of work.
- Just in my opinion, much more fun on stage. In a guitar gig I'm always thinking about just my guitar playing and I'm not much to look at because of it. In a bass gig I just get in the groove and rock out.

My recommendation: get an acoustic guitar first. Guitarist or bassist, the acoustic guitar is the workhorse instrument of the modern musician. It will be better for getting a foundation in music than a bass, and when moving from acoustic to electric guitar it's a piece of cake, while moving from acoustic guitar to bass is not nearly as bad as moving from electric to bass.