Hi peeps.

I have been offered a little used, Fender Princeton 650, which I believe to be a 65W combo, with DSP etc.

Guy wants £100 ($220) for it...are they any good? I am no expert on such things, so if it is sufficient for a beginner, please say so.

Also, the terms of the sale are favourable to me, which sweetens things a little.

Cheers
I've heard some good blues tones through that thing, but that was with a Jimmie Vaughan strat, which might be part of the case.

What kinda music do you play?
Quote by THEKID546
you could do better.

Could I do better for £100 as and when it suits me?

What do I play...erm...at the moment I fingerpick mainly, but my guitar playing expertise is not the issue.

I need an amp for my strat, and any that I build, which the intention is, to be several.

I don't need a 65W amp. Very few people actually NEED that much power.

My alternative for that money would be the new Peavey Vyper, as I have heard good things about it for a basic amp.

So is it adequate? If I can do better...what?

MY musical tastes, span most genres. If it sounds good, then I am as likely to want to learn it
if you play little of everything then go for a roland cube.
If you just play metal then go for the peavey.
Quote by THEKID546
if you play little of everything then go for a roland cube.
If you just play metal then go for the peavey.

But why? I was going to buy a Roland Cube. Had the money in my hand, but the guy in the shop, who I get on with, said to wait for the Vyper.
the vyper is great as I said, if your just ganna be playing metal and dont want any good cleans.
the cube can do everything fairly well, but I think its better than the vypyr cause its not made just for metal. it can also do hard rock(vypyr).
And guys at shops are always impressed with new toys that come in all the time, take the guys at my GC they were all drolling over the the new Egnator rebel.
Im just saying if you want an amp for all around playing for that money the roland cube is bettor than the Vypyr.