So im 14 and i gig locally with my dad and our drummer, Andy. Andy is only 2 years younger than my dad just turned 40. I tried playing with some younger guys but i didn't like it cause they just weren't experienced enough and i had to take charge and do EVERYTHING. I love being the youngest in my band.....they let me drink their beer what did you expect me to say lol .....no i really like it.

Does anyone else have older guys in their band? How do you like it?
COMMENTS? QUESTIONS? GO!

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
Im the youngest in my band but only by a year..

Doesnt realy effect me that much..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
if you enjoy it who cares and free beer is never a bad thing
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
Im the youngest (19) the others are 25, 28 and 29. I love it.
Yeah we had a lot of pub gigs when i joined at 17, and all the pubs assumed I was old enough, so I could get served. We're actually on this months Unsigned article
Im the youngest in mine too. Im 19 and the other guys are 20 23 and 24.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
sorry but +1 to the above :P
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
Everyone is my band is the same age, and we're all too young to drink
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Haha. That makes YOU the odd one out.
Freeloader. =P
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
I'm the youngest in my band by like a month or something. Makes no difference to me.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I'm 18, so are 2 more people in my band, the rest is 19. I've been drinking beer since I was 16 whenever I wanted (since it's legal in Germany) and before that, too, actually, cause they didnt check IDs back then.
I like it.
i know a kid a little younger then you that goes around with his dad and friends. if you wanna jam with kids your age hopefully you will inspire them to pick it up. but there are good musicians everywhere you just gotta keep lookin.
youngest in my band (21) .. the other are at least 10 years my senior .. but .. it's all about the music man.. doesn't matter how you achieve it.. just as long as you do...
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
My band goes:

-19 (Me)
-20 (Guitarist)
-20 (Bassist)
-16 (Drummer)

We don't have any problems. If we do, its usually because of a political argument.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
I think this is a good thing. I mean, at 14 you're ready to play with big boys. At 20 you're gonna have a record deal.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.