I am currently in a position buy a used Diezel 4x12 cab for what I believe to be a pretty decent deal. I have personally never used a Diezel cab before, but from what I've heard (sound samples and general opinion), Diezel makes killer cabs.

Since I have no other type of reliable reference, can anyone tell me what they are actually worth new? Also what should they be worth used? Any tips or recommendations are welcome.
Well the sell for £999 new, so I'd assume they're pretty damn good.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
The Diezel cabs are the best I've come across, they're incredible sounding and built like tanks. There are a couple of different models (front-loaded and rear-loaded) and three different speaker types (V30s, G12k-100s or the custom Emininces) though. Which of these is best for you is massively dependent on the amp you're using, and of course, your personal taste.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Well the sell for £999 new, so I'd assume they're pretty damn good.

So I guess considering I'd be getting it for nearly 1/3 of that price that means I'm getting a rather screamin' deal.

Quote by Nolly
The Diezel cabs are the best I've come across, they're incredible sounding and built like tanks. There are a couple of different models (front-loaded and rear-loaded) and three different speaker types (V30s, G12k-100s or the custom Emininces) though. Which of these is best for you is massively dependent on the amp you're using, and of course, your personal taste.

Well, I'll likely be running an ENGL Fireball or Powerball through it. I tend to prefer a thick, heavy tone (think Mesa ). From what I understand of the differences, I believe a rear-loaded would probably suit my preference the best, but I've never actually compared the two types so I can't say for sure. Not entirely sure what type this cab is or what speakers it has in it yet. Either way I'll probably get it though. I ahve no doubt it'll sound good no matter what.
Last edited by Erkekjetter at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by Nolly

^This exactly.
So I found out that the cab is PROBABLY front-loaded and has V30s in there. Any thoughts on the type of sound this will provide (just out curiousity)?
When considering the front-loader, it's worth bearing in mind that it was designed specifically to match the Herbert. The Herbert has an ridiculous amount of low end, and that combined with a very saturated sound can reduce most cabs to a muddy mess. As a result, the front-loaders are incredibly ballsy and tight. The sound really bursts forwards from the speakers. If you drop tune, they are insane, the clarity and low-end thump is pretty shocking at first. The sound is far less subtle and detailed than you get with the rear-loaded one, and a fair bit more directional, though I have a feeling that it might suit the powerball/fireball quite well, as they've got a similarly saturated sound.
The rear-loaded cab is richer and woodier in contrast. It's less of a punch in the gut, more an aural bearhug. For midrange and clean sounds, it is absolutely glorious. That's not to say it doesn't excel for metal, because it's a metal monster too, but in a more thick, Killswitch Engage-y kinda way, compared with the surgically precise front-loader.

Hope that helps. I was lucky enough to spend a few hours at the Diezel UK headquarters AB'ing the front and rear loaded V30 cabs, as well as my Orange 4x12 with a VH4, Herbert, and ENGL Invader. I set out with the expectation of taking home the front-loader, but the rear-loader won me over.

Last edited by Nolly at Nov 5, 2008,
Quote by Nolly
If you drop tune, they are insane. The sound is far less subtle and detailed than you get with the rear-loaded one, and a fair bit more directional.

Well that might actually be better than rear loaded for me in this case then since my band plays everything in B standard. Good to know!
If you live inside the US, I recommend Mills Acoustics cabinets. Erock will testify their quality.

Don't get me wrong, amp companies can build some good cabinets, but the people who specialize in cabinets tend to do a much better job. Also, Krank builds an excellent cabinet, solid wood construction, not plyboard. This makes a much more resonate cab. Might be something you're looking for.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio