Yea so i was just wondering if there is anything that tabs your playing in real time and if so how it works. would it have to be midi or something maybe by playing over a sort of metronome to keep the timing right ?
That would be cool, but no.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by SynySter SlaSh
Yea so i was just wondering if there is anything that tabs your playing in real time and if so how it works. would it have to be midi or something maybe by playing over a sort of metronome to keep the timing right ?

LittleBigStar does automatic recognition of guitar playing. If you set it up play an empty tab file, you can see how it transcribes your playing into notes in real time. It is far from perfect (in particular if you play chords), but constantly improving.

At this time there is only a first CTP of the software and it does not allow you to save your tabs yet, but it could be easily made in the next version if there is some request for that feature.
an auto tabber would be awesome but ive looked hard for one for ages and never found one
For that to work.

Woudln't you have to be able to play the song you're trying to tab out anyways?
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
For that to work.

Woudln't you have to be able to play the song you're trying to tab out anyways?

Think of the benefits.

If you noodle around on your guitar and come up with a catchy riff, it is tabbed out for you so you won't forget how to play it.
nope, but some developers are slowly but surely getting to the point where that would be possible.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Think of the benefits.

If you noodle around on your guitar and come up with a catchy riff, it is tabbed out for you so you won't forget how to play it.

Ohhhh, I get you now.

I thought he wanted the software so that he could tab other artist's/bands songs. Which is where I got confused...

Why not use Guitar Pro anyways?
It's not hard to find a good torrent if you haven't got the money to spend.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Im sure theres some kind of 100% midi based gutiars somewhere, which is what youd need to do this, a regular guitar wouldnt really be able to do this, unless you had perfect pitch, which is probably impossible on guitar.
There are the Roland VG systems and GR systems and Terratec AXON systems all real time midi.