Basically, I have a Harper with a pretty thick neck. I'm used to it but it feels clumsy and massive.
My friend has a Dean, I've played it a couple of times and it feels awesome, it's like playing a cloud, barely any effort needed.

Now, my parents want to but me an amp for Christmas but I have to put some money in too. I will have a total of 145 Euros (182 dollars, 115 pounds), part of that going towards the amp.

I haven't got much experience at all aside from changing strings.

Looking for a neck + head + fretboard between 0 and 70 Euros (88 dollars, 55 pounds) preferably a Gibson or Jackson, with a symmetrical head if possible

Any advice, tips, anything I need to know?

Much thanks!
Get a better budget.

You aren't going to get a really nice neck for that sort of money, unless you are lucky enough to find a decent 2nd hand one.

You need to know what size your neck pocket & scale length is too before you start looking for a neck.
Quote by mark_wuk
Get a better budget.

May be able to spend more, I don't know yet.

Quote by mark_wuk

You aren't going to get a really nice neck for that sort of money, unless you are lucky enough to find a decent 2nd hand one.

OK, might have a look on eBay UK, only checked eBay France so far and it's practically empty.

Quote by mark_wuk
You need to know what size your neck pocket & scale length is too before you start looking for a neck.

Neck pocket, OK but what's the scale length?

Thanks, man!
No. From the nut the 12 fret, and then from the 12 fret to the bridge.

For example, Fender uses a 25.5 inch scale length, Gibson somewhere around 24.75 inches.

If the your scale length is off, the distance from your nut - 12th fret and 12th fret - saddles will not be equal. They need to be equal for proper intonation.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.