Poll: My options...
Poll Options
View poll results: My options...
Quit now (focus on working, earn some money for uni)
9 18%
Quit when I have a plan
19 38%
Don't quit, see it through to the end of the year or something
22 44%
Voters: 50.
Hey Pit, what's goin' on?

So, I'll do my best to keep it short, but I decided to go to music college at the start of this educational year, and to be honest, I'm finding it very meh

All in all, I wanna quit. I'm not gonna be a drop-out though! I've got a uni place doing Economics at UEA, and I can always re-apply if I sort myself out quick (which I am planning on doing).

So yeah, I do have kind of a plan, but I want some outside opinions on my plan, because college starts tomorrow and I really can't be arsed to go anymore...

I'M 18, I HAVE A UNI PLACE, I HAVE 4 A-LEVELS. This course was just to see if I wanted to do music for a living, which I have decided that I do not, and will most likely be dropping out anyway.
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Last edited by whatamidoinhere at Nov 3, 2008,
Do what you think is best.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Do what you think is best.

I probably will, but I did say I just wanted some outside opinions. In a weird way, which I'm sure was not intended, your post made quite a bit of sense..

DUDE, do NOT stay in college, for the sake of not being a drop out, do not get into something you do not want to be in, honestly, you need to go do whatever it is you want to do,don't just do your original plan if it isn't right for you.
Well if you plan on going to uni stay on your course for the sake of UCAS points.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234
Well if you plan on going to uni stay on your course for the sake of UCAS points.

I've got 4 A-levels, I already have a uni place...I just wasn't sure if I wanted to do it, but now I really think I do

studying music is useless unless you are gonna be a musician (unlikely) or music teacher (not worth it).
Quote by thedefrockednun
studying music is useless unless you are gonna be a musician (unlikely) or music teacher (not worth it).

yep i've learnt this, trouble is i don't know what to do now. Might do another course at college.
Quote by thedefrockednun

Agreed

I really don't think I'll ever be good enough in that field to make anything of myself, so I figured I'm probably just better off picking up more hours at work, and making some money so I've got a good start for myself next year at uni.

And to ross1234, what do you reckon you might be doing instead? (Just out of interest, maybe someone in this thread can help you out if you need it)

If u mean college altogether starts tomorrow, just switch? but if not.. try and stick it out this year.. then next year do some other subjects, and spend two years doing that, then go to uni?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Agreed

I really don't think I'll ever be good enough in that field to make anything of myself, so I figured I'm probably just better off picking up more hours at work, and making some money so I've got a good start for myself next year at uni.

And to ross1234, what do you reckon you might be doing instead? (Just out of interest, maybe someone in this thread can help you out if you need it)

I'll try not to jack the thread but i guess i might try music management. The thing is i don't want to go to uni and go on a course i know nothing about or where all the students have studied it in college. I guess i could do a different college course but i'm in my second year of music and i can't be bothered to stay at college for another 2 years.
Quote by will123456789
If u mean college altogether starts tomorrow, just switch? but if not.. try and stick it out this year.. then next year do some other subjects, and spend two years doing that, then go to uni?

I'm 18 already, I don't wanna be in college til I'm 21 lol. I'm in a good position with uni that a fair few will probably accept me without a foundation year, so I don't see this as a 'wasted year' as such, if I were to finish with college now

Quote by ross1234
I'll try not to jack the thread but i guess i might try music management. The thing is i don't want to go to uni and go on a course i know nothing about or where all the students have studied it in college. I guess i could do a different college course but i'm in my second year of music and i can't be bothered to stay at college for another 2 years.

I know the feeling, when I wasn't sure what to do, I tried to go for something general, so I could get into something different further down the line if I wanted. It's just a pain if you're already in the second year, cuz you've invested yourself into it.
But, if you do well at it, then you can get into uni (if you wanna go, just using it as an example) on a bunch of other courses, because a lot of them don't really need much prior knowledge, and lots do foundation courses anyways