It takes a lot of skill to be able to do it well.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Depends what you consider talent, now doesn't it?

Pure technical skill, they're probably the best out there. Musical ability? That's all about one's personal taste.

My personal favorite guitarist is Paul Gilbert and favorite number 3 is Marty Friedman.

You can get some pretty efficient ones these days. I don't think they play guitar, though.

Oh, lawd... I'm funny.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I want to listen to a song, not 5 minutes worth of warmup techniques.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
depends on who you are calling shredders, because many people call themselves that, and those who can do it effectively, i would say are rather skilled, but i also know alot of guitarists that say they can shred, but in essence are horrible at it
They're technically superior to most guitarists that play in mainstream bands. Their music isn't always that popular though as it often bores people (which is understandable). If you get a good shred album though (Dragon's Kiss, Perpetual Burn, Rising Force, Rusty Cooley) they're awesome.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Incredibly skilled players. However, a lot lack musical ability. However, many of them are able to execute their skills very musically. Even Malmsteen has a few really great songs.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Jaymz_515
Bit of sugar, splash o' milk, gorgeous.

every ****ing morning for me...

Aren't that great at guitar but they are ****ing delicious.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd