hey guys, i'm pretty sure this goes here. at least, this is where i'll get the best responses.

My 73ish year old Grandpa wants me to come play music for a little shindig he's throwing this saturday. He told me about it about a month ago but i've been irresponsible. anyways, he says he doesn't really care what i play but obviously no screamo or really anything with more than some light light overdrive.

I was thinking of just bringing a couple other guys and improvising jazz and blues and such for an hour or two and that would get the job done. He's also a big chet atkins fan and other guys like him, johnny cash etc. anyways, does anyone have some song suggestions that would fit that time period that he might like that i could learn in a couple days?

thanks in advance
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Do anything, not like your grandpa is going to kick you off the stage.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, etc.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

Quote by The_Sophist
Do anything, not like your grandpa is going to kick you off the stage.

Well yeah, but this is a man who is responsible for buying me a christmas present or two ;]
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
sleepwalk by santo and johnny, pretty woman roy orbison, any cheesy yet awesome song that people play when you go into a guitar shop would do well to prob i.e. house of the rising sun
Quote by z4twenny
this calls for some meshuggah.....

... and some Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth all the way.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
seriously though, maybe try "blister in the sun" i always found it fun to sing songs about inappropriate things that people didn't know were songs about inappropriate things i remember walking around my moms house singing 'thinking of you' by a perfect circle and my mom says "wow thats a pretty song" ...... uh huh..... lets not tell you what its about
Well this will depend on what sort of music you're into, sir.

Pending this information, you could play Clapton or Bush or STP or.. anything, really.

Personally I'm pulling for Between the Buried and Me all the way.