So I just finished restoring my first guitar. A 1969 Univox Hi-flyer and it sounds good. But, when my amp is relatively cranked even on the clean channel, the bridge pickup gets alot of feedback, even when I'm standing away from it and far away theres alot of feedback. I have the same problem with my jaguar after changing the pickups. Is there anyway to fix this.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
you can shield all your cavities as well, and i saw some video where paul gilbert put foam between his pickups and the body to hush feedback as well, the potting, shielding, and foam should elimate almost all feedback.

you can do one, or you can do three, depends on how picky your are, i would do all three
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
thanks for the help. I'll try and get some before and after pics up. And how do you do the potting, shielding and and the foam thing.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
^ for potting, searchbar wax potting your pickups, theres a turitol. as far as cavitys, but some cavity sheilding and just apply it to all the routes in your body, as with the foam, from what i can see gilbert just slides a peice in between his pickup and body so its nice and snug.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by hendrix4934
thanks for the help. I'll try and get some before and after pics up. And how do you do the potting, shielding and and the foam thing.

You should try looking at the stickies that Invader Jim pointed out. There is a tutorial on potting pickups. Searching the GBC forum will also reveal one or two.

As for shielding, there's a basic guide on guitarnuts.com.

Foam is only relevant if you have a trem with springs in it.