Page 1 of 2
I need some relaxing music suggestions. Right now I'm listening to stuff like Simon & Garfunkel, The Doors, Ben Folds, Pink Floyd, Neutral Milk Hotel...Any bands to look up would be good. Thanks.

Please no Cannibal Corpse. It's not funny anymore.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Elliott Smith, Iron and Wine. Can't lose with any of those.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Elliott Smith, Iron and Wine. Can't lose with any of those.

Already got some EitS. Thanks for the suggestions.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Bob Marley
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
I need some relaxing music suggestions. Right now I'm listening to stuff like Simon & Garfunkel, The Doors, Ben Folds, Pink Floyd, Neutral Milk Hotel...Any bands to look up would be good. Thanks.

Please no Cannibal Corpse. It's not funny anymore.

If you like Simon and Garfunkel and Neutral Milk Hotel, you'd probably love Gravenhurst. Sort of like a shoegazey version of S&G. I recommend the latest album, The Western Lands. Fires in Distant Buildings is also excellent.
Minus the Bear, although it can be a little "dancey" at moments, but most of "Planet of Ice" would do you good
Buckethead - Padmasana
Buckethead - Electric tears
Buckethead - Watching the boats with my dad
i dont know how but a vince guaraldi album got on my ipod and i find it relaxing. it's the A Charlie brown christmas album just a lot of piano
Last edited by mrretard at Nov 3, 2008,
Devin Townsend - The Hummer.

Not to everyone's taste, but it does wonders for me when it comes to calming down, relaxing or trying to fall asleep. (Not that it's boring by any means)

ಠ_ಠ

wat

In Flames.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
the whole Jar of Flies EP by Alice in Chains.

very, very relaxing.

GJedit:

oh, you mean songs? then look up
Rotten Apple
Nutshell
I Stay Away
No Excuses
Whale & Wasp
Don't Follow

all by alice in chains.
Jesu - Albums: Silver and Lifeline.
SUNN O))) - Any album.
Ulver - Album: Shadows Of The Sun.
Some post rock and maybe Jack Johnson usually do it for me.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Desde Que o Samba é Samba - João Gilberto
Águas de Março - Tom Jobim

Check out a lot of Bossa Nova tracks, they're very calm.
Karl Sanders of Nile released an Egyptian Folk record a while back, what I've heard on Youtube is awesome.

Try a song off Nile's new one (Ithyphallic) called 'The Infinity Of Stone'.
Try...
DJ Shadow's Endtroducing
Anything by Boards of Canada
Buckethead's Coma
Opeth's acoustic stuff
and if you can find it - 16B's How to Live 100 Years.
-Jay
Quote by nebiru
Bob Marley

this.. it is awesomely relaxing.. i've heard john mayer is relaxing.. but i hate him.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

pink floyd all of the dark side of the moon is really mellow. return to serenity by testament, solitude by black sabbath, low man's lyric by metallica, hotel california and despirado (sp?) by the eagles, hope i helped you out and good luck relaxing
Page 1 of 2